Zaatar Tofu with Butternut Squash
- 2 Butternut Squash, skin cut away and cubed into 2 inch pieces
- 1 brick Firm Tofu
- ½ sweet Vidalia Onion, sliced and halved
- 1 Apple, cored, sliced and quartered, with skin left on
- ¼ cup Butter or Vegan Butter
- 1/2 cup Zaatar (Middle eastern spice blend)
- 1 tablespoon (or to taste) Sea Salt – Coarse
- Preheat oven at 400.
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXPress for 1/2 hour.
- Place Butternut Squash cubes, onion slices, apple slices and butter into a large baking dish and place into oven for ½ hour.
- Remove and cube into 1½ inch squares. Place Tofu squares onto a plate. Sprinkle with Zaatar spice and salt.
- Add Tofu on top of Butternut Squash mixture and bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir Tofu into Butternut Squash to allow the flavors to blend.
- Continue to bake for another 20 minutes, or til squash is soft.
- Serve hot or cold, for any meal! Even breakfast!
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/