Tomato Lover’s Tofu2013-04-16 17:14:04Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 Brick Tofu (Nasoya’s Extra Firm is best!)
- 1 4 oz tube Tomato Paste (double-concentrated if you can find…)
- Sundried Tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh Basil Leaves
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Kalamata Olives
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress overnight.
- Slice brick into thinly sliced pieces to serve. You will need to use a thin long knife to slice it both lengthwise and widthwise. It is easy to eat if you end up with slices that are about two inches in length. The thinner the thickness of the slices the more they will resemble Tomato Pie pieces or crackers.
- Spread a thin layer of Tomato Paste onto each piece of tofu. The double-concentration will deliver more flavors. Sprinkle the Italian Seasoning on Tofu. Add Sundried Tomatoes onto each piece.
- Place one Basil Leaf onto each piece for flavor and decoration. Sprinkle with Sea Salt to taste. Add a few olives to plate!
- Optional: Serve with a red vino!! Martocci Brunello di Montalcino Tuscany 2005 is what we used!