Tofu Spinach Lasagna2013-04-16 15:23:16Serves 8Write a reviewIngredients
- 1/2 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu (not silken), pressed using TofuXpress
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce of your choice
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.
- Drain spinach using TofuXpress and set aside.
- Place tofu, sugar (if using), milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil and salt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. The tofu “ricotta” should be creamy but still have body.
- Transfer to large-size bowl, and stir in spinach. Continue tasting until you get amount of salt just right.
- Cover bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of noodles (use about one-third of noodles). Follow with half the tofu filling. Continue in the same order, using half the remaining tomato sauce and noodles, and all remaining tofu filling. End with remaining noodles, covered by remaining tomato sauce. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until hot and bubbling.