Tofu Scramble2013-04-16 16:06:40Write a reviewThe Scramblers
- 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed for best results
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 8-oz package of crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 tomato, medium sized, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash or other favorite seasoning mix (if with salt, omit salt below)
- salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from Submitted by Whisk, Flip, StirAdapted from Submitted by Whisk, Flip, StirTofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Easy peasy!
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook vegetables in olive oil with all seasonings until dry. You might want to taste test for spice levels. Should be a bit strong since you will be adding it to un-spiced tofu in a bit.
- In the same pan you cooked the vegetables, add a bit more oil if needed and crumble in your tofu. Cook until dry and browned. About 5-15 minutes depending on moisture level of your tofu.
- Once tofu is browned and dry, add in vegetable mix and stir to incorporate. Cook again until pan is dry and any vegetable liquid has evaporated.
- Serve hot with a side of multi-grain toast and a glass of orange juice.