Tofu Ricotta Cheese2013-03-26 15:39:51Write a reviewIngredients
- 1/3 cup Light Miso
- 1 brick (1 lb) Soft Tofu, Nasoya brand (not Silken)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Tahini (Krinos is a great brand)
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 5-6 sprigs fresh Oregano Leaves
- 5-6 sprigs fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Press soft Tofu in TofuXpress for 2 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, add Miso, soft Tofu, Oil, ½ cup Water (reserving rest for later, and all other remaining ingredients for Cheese Filling. Blend well. Add remaining water slowly to create the proper consistency, not too thick or thin. You want it to hold together, but also be able to spread easily. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside. May be made a day ahead.