Tofu Nicoise Salad2013-04-16 16:17:41Write a reviewIngredients
- 4 large Romaine leaves, torn into small bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 brick Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is great)
- 12 Nicoise Olives, halved
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Coarse Ground Mustard with whole mustard seeds (Grey Poupon is great)
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 4-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 3 hours or overnight if more convenient. Remove and slice diagonally, into thin strips.
- Using a fork, rake the tofu gently while in stacks of thin strips. This will create a “tuna-fish” flakey texture.
- In a medium bowl, add Vinegar and Herbs de Provence and infuse for 15 minutes. Add Mustard and blend. Gently fold in the Tofu and coat evenly. Set aside. If you prefer a more intense flavor, add another tablespoon of Mustard.
- Place Romaine in a large bowl. Add Celery, Tomatoes, and Olives. Add Tofu mixture onto Romaine and toss. Add Oil one tablespoon at a time, to taste, tossing Salad to blend.
- Add Sea Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Place into small Canning Jars for cool and convenient toting for school lunches or On-The-Go meals.