Tofu and Kale Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Brick Tofu, 365 Brand (Whole Foods)
- 2 Cups finely sliced Kale
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard, Triple Crunch, sold at Sur La Table (1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Tofu Marinade)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Dressing)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon (for Walnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon (for Tofu Marinade)
- Sea Salt
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXpress unit for 1-2 hours. Remove and slice Tofu lengthwise into ½ inch slices.
- Heat Coconut Oil in small fry pan on medium flame. Add Nuts, Cinnamon, and Sugar. Heat till sugar melts and nuts are coated. Brown nuts and remove from heat.
- Blend Vinegar, Canola Oil, 1 Tablespoon Water, ½ Teaspoon Molasses, Shallots, and Mustard. (This will yield more dressing than is needed for this recipe).
- In a mixing bowl, toss Kale with 4-5 tablespoons dressing, or to preference. Allow to set approximately 1/2 hour or more to soften Kale before serving.
- In a small bowl, add 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses, ½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon, and 1 Tablespoon Water and set aside. (This will be used with Tofu.)
- Heat oven to 350. Place Tofu Strips onto cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. During this time, flip Tofu slices several times to avoid sticking and to brown on both sides.
- Once browned, drizzle Molasses and Water marinade over Tofu slices. Heat till liquid is absorbed. Remove from oven.
- Serve Tofu atop Kale Salad, and toss in Walnuts. Sprinkle with Sea Salt to taste.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/