Tofu and Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb block firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch strips lengthwise
- 1 medium head green or red cabbage, shredded or chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce (light or regular)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Press tofu and cut into strips, then sauté until light brown (about 4 minutes per side).
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients with 2 tbsp water (puree in blender for a smoother texture).
- Pour 3/4 dressing over vegetables and toss.
- Top salad with tofu strips and drizzle on remainder of dressing.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/