Tangy Summer Stew2013-07-03 17:26:20Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 Brick Tofu, Nasoya brand, Extra Firm
- 2 cups chopped Celery, 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon ground Oregano
- 10 Kalamato Olives, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Sumac
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Using TofuXpress Xpress Cutter, cut Tofu into 24 even squares.
- Set aside.
- In a deep, large saucepan, heat to a soft boil, Broth, Tomato, Onion, Celery, Parsley, Olives, and Oregano. Simmer til vegetable mixture is reduced to approximately half its volume, and celery is soft, and tomatoes are cooked down, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Add Tofu squares.
- Simmer for another 8-10 minutes to allow Tofu to absorb broth.
- Serve hot.