Tahini Vegan Cheese Spread
- 1 14 oz brick tofu, firm
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp barley malt (or honey)
- 2 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- agave or honey (optional)
- cheese cloth
- Press Tofu with original spring in your TofuXpress for at least one hour.
- Take a metal colander with small holes and place inside a large mixing bowl. Place tofu into colander. With a large mixing spoon, smash the tofu through the colander.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Add to the tofu and mix well.
- Line TofuXpress with Cheese Cloth, leaving plenty of room around the side to fold on top of TofuXpress once spread is placed inside.
- Spoon mixture into TofuXpress and fold sides of Cheese Cloth over to completely cover the spread.
- Using the Cheese/Yogurt spring, press the mixture in your TofuXpress for 5 hours or overnight. Drizzle Agave or Honey over top of the spread and serve with zucchini slices.
- Also great with crackers.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately) from http://www.tofuxpress.com.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/