Stir-Fry using The Czar’s Pinot Szechuan Sauce2013-04-16 15:24:04Write a reviewIngredients
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 lb green beans
- 1 spring onion (whole onion – white and green)
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 bottle The Czar’s Fine Foods Pinot Szechuan Sauce
Adapted from Submitted by Veracious VeganAdapted from Submitted by Veracious VeganTofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- This was my first opportunity to use my new TofuXpress tofu press. This press allows you to press all of the water out of tofu using a spring-loaded mechanism leaving it much firmer. I pressed my tofu for one hour. If you don’t have a tofu press, just put the tofu on a plate covered in paper towels and stack other plates and some sort of weight on top and leave it for an hour.
- In the meantime, slice the vegetables. I started by slicing the bottom of each baby bok choy, which made these pretty little flowers. We didn’t use them, we just thought they were pretty.
- Chop each stalk in half, then chop 1-inch slices all the way up the baby bok choy width-wise.
- Next, slice the spring onion into thin strips using both the white and green parts.
- Then, cut the ends off the green beans and chop them in half. Dice the red bell pepper.
- When the tofu is done, remove it from the TofuXpress press or from the plates and chop into little rectangular pieces.
- Heat a wok on medium-high heat. Add canola oil, red bell pepper and green beans and cook for 5 minutes. Add the spring onion and cook for another minute. Then, add the baby bok choy and tofu and 2 tablespoons of sauce and cook for another 7 minutes or until the tofu browns and takes up the sauce. Add about half a bottle of sauce at the end and toss.
- Serve over short grain brown rice for a simple, easy, tasty lunch.