Raw Portabella Salad2013-04-16 17:38:50Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 package of sliced Portabella mushrooms (approximately 1 ½ cups)
- 1 sweet Vidalia Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Place Portabella mushroom slices into TofuXpress. Coat with half of the Teriyaki Sauce. Assemble the TofuXpress and press for 2 hours or overnight. Do not dispose of the juice that forms on top of the TofuXpress as this will become part of the salad dressing. When done pressing, pour juice into mixing bowl and remove mushrooms from the Tofuxpress and place in the same bowl. Coarsely chop mushrooms and stir to coat mushrooms in juice.
- Finely slice the onion and the pepper. Slice into quarters. Layer onions and peppers into the TofuXpress. Pour remaining half of the Teriyaki Sauce over the onions and peppers. Assemble unit and press in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
- Do not dispose of the juice that forms on top of Tthe ofuXpress as tis will become part of the salad dressing. When done pressing, pour the juice into a bowl with the mushrooms and add onion and peppers. Mix, and serve!
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- If you have two TofuXpress units, this can go faster, but this recipe is written as if you only have one unit.