Moroccan Tofu Stew ala Sur La Table
- Moroccan Tagine Stew Mix (by Urban Accents, sold at Sur La Table; or substitute another Moroccan spice blend that contains coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, and pepper; no salt).
- 1 cup Apricots, halved, lengthwise
- 2 tbs Olive Oil – (Marca Verde il Classico at Sur La Table)
- 12-14 oz. Vegetable broth
- 2 bricks Tofu
- ½ cup Walnuts, halved
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Mint
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour. Cut Tofu into cubes yielding 24 cubes per brick. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Place walnuts in a pyrex bowl with room for more liquid. Add boiling water over Walnuts, enough to cover completely. Soak for a minimum of 15 minutes. Drain off water.
- In a medium sized bowl, add broth, Moroccan Spice, Apricots, and Walnuts. Stir to blend.
- Heat a large skillet on medium flame. Add olive oil and onions. Cook Onions til translucent. Add tofu cubes. Brown tofu cubes, turning occasionally, approximately 10-12 minutes total time.
- Add broth-spice mixture and simmer for 7-10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Shown here served atop Kasha. Can also serve over Brown Rice.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/