Minted Tzatziki Cucumber Spread
- 2 cups Yogurt
- ½ cup Cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely chopped or shredded with a grater.
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- 6 Mint leaves chopped or 1 tsp dried mint
- a sprig of Fresh Dill
- *Though not necessary, having more than one TofuXPress will make this go faster.
- Place cucumber into TofuXpress. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to blend. Assemble TofuXpress and press overnight to remove excess water from cucumber. Pour off water and set aside for use. (This can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the inside and to drape over the unit with food inside. Line TofuXpress with cheesecloth.
- This step uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment
- Replace original spring in the TofuXoress with the Light Tension Spring.
- Place two cups of Yogurt into TofuXpress. Cover Yogurt entirely with sides of Cheesecloth. Press using Light Tension Spring for approximately 2 hours. (Any longer and it will begin to solidify further into cheese). We are looking to yield thick yogurt.
- Pour off whey from pressed Yogurt and disassemble the TofuXpress. Remove cheesecloth from around the Yogurt, which should now be thicker. Either use the TofuXpress to combine rest of ingredients or use another bowl. Stir to blend.
- Chill in refrigerator for ½ hour. Before serving, garnish with Dill.
- Serve with crackers or celery sticks or use in recipes that call for Tzatziki sauce.
- This recipe uses the original spring and the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment.
- This recipe is easy, however it takes preparation.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/