Lemongrass Tofu Banh Mi2013-08-27 15:25:02Write a reviewIngredients
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 10 slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (about 3 bulbs)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baguettes
- do chua pickles
- sliced cucumbers, Japanese or English hothouse or other types with fewer seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, lemongrass and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a shallow dish place tofu slices in a single layer. Pour sauce over tofu, turning pieces to coat well. Let tofu absorb all of the marinade, turning and patting the lemongrass and garlic on each slice. Cook tofu in a skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp on each side (about 8 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes or longer on the second side).
- Prepare your banh mi. Mix 2 tablespoons mayonnaise with 1 teaspoon sriracha. Slather on both sides of the baguette. Layer with tofu, sliced cucumber, do chua pickles, cilantro. Drizzle sriracha sauce on the tofu if you want to add a little extra spiciness to the sandwich, or add thinly sliced jalapeños.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- For more of Kiyo Miller’s recipes visit: http://www.mylilikoikitchen.com