Kale Wraps2013-04-16 17:15:36Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 brick Firm or Extra Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is best!)
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup Red Sweet Spanish Onion
- 2 tablespoons dried Cilantro or ¼ cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried Garlic Powder
- ½ Orange Bell Pepper, chopped (or can use a Red Bell Pepper)
- 1 Habanero Pepper, finely chopped
- ½ fresh Lime
- 6 large Romaine Leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Kale Leaves – Blanched for 3-4 minutes (need to still be firm not completely cooked and soft. How to: Boil water in a deep pot or a wide shallow pan. Drop in Kale leaves and boil for 3-4 minutes, til bright green but not too soft as they will be used for wraps. You can do this step a day or two ahead and refrigerate till ready.
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 3 hours or overnight if more convenient. Place into a deep mixing bowl. Rake Tofu with fork to break into small pieces. Add Avocado, Tomato, Habanero Pepper, Cilantro, and Garlic Powder. Mash with a fork to blend well. Once blended, add Salt and Pepper to taste. The texture should end up somewhat creamy.
- In a large bowl, add Romaine, Bell Pepper, Onion, juice of ½ lime (pulp is fine to include). Toss to blend Lime juice.
- Take one Kale leaf at a time and add 1-2 tablespoons of Tofu mixture. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of Romaine mixture. (See photo with green serving dish.) Roll Kale leaf and pin in place with decorative toothpicks (see photo with white plate).
- Wraps can be made a day or two ahead and packed for lunches.