Italian Tofu Bake2013-04-16 15:08:35Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 brick firm or extra firm Tofu
- 16 ounces Tomato Sauce, with tomato chucks (optional – Add tomato paste to thicken)
- 2 cups Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium sweet Onion, sautéed (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic, sautéed (optional)
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Press tofu for 1 hour, using the TofuXpress.
- Cube Tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss cubed Tofu into a non-stick casserole dish or baking pan (preferably deep enough to later add sauce and cheese).
- Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on edges. Flip cubes after 20 minutes to evenly brown.
- Heat Sauce in sauce pan. (Add Onion and Garlic into Sauce).
- Pour Sauce over baked, and, now golden brown, Tofu.
- Sprinkle top with cheese, and place back into the oven for 20 minutes to thoroughly heat.