Honey Mustard Kale Salad with Spicy Tofu
- 1 brick Extra Firm Tofu, Nasoya brand
- 4 cups thinly sliced Kale, washed and dried
- 2 Granny Apples, sliced into matchbook strips
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (one tablespoon will be used to pan fry Tofu)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (try Kozlik’s at Sur La Table)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (try Star Thistle Honey at Sur La Table)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons 5 Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground White Pepper
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 2-3 hours, or overnight. Slice Tofu lengthwise, then place back into TofuXpress and using the TofuXpress cutter, cut brick into 24 even squares.
- In a medium size bowl, blend Five Spice Powder, Salt, Ginger, Coriander and Pepper. Add Tofu Squares and stir to coat evenly with spice rub.
- For the Salad- Toss Kale and Apples together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- For the Honey Mustard Dressing- In a small mixing bowl, combine Shallot, Apple Cider Vinegar, 3 tablespoons Olive Oil, Dijon Mustard, Honey, and Lemon. Add to Salad and coat to evenly distribute. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet (preferably a ribbed fry pan to create skillet lines) on medium high heat. Brush pan with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place Tofu squares into pan and sear. Flip when browned. When both sides are browned, remove from heat. Place atop Salad. Serve.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/