Grilled Teriyaki Tofu2013-08-27 17:29:55Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 C Granny’s teriyaki sauce
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Press out the water from the block of tofu with your TofuXpress then cut into 6 cutlets.
- Pour enough teriyaki sauce to cover the bottom of your dish and place tofu cutlets on top of the sauce. It’s best to use a dish that snugly fits the tofu pieces so the sauce is confined to just that area. Pour more sauce over the tofu pieces, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour then turn the tofu over.
- Simmer the remaining sauce on low heat for about 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy. Watch closely so it does not burn. Set aside until ready to use.
- Grill the marinated tofu on both sides. Transfer to a plate and drizzle with syrupy teriyaki sauce and roasted sesame seeds.