Golden Stuffed Tofu
Golden Tofu Pockets filled with Spinach, Onions and Mushrooms.
- 1 Large Brick of Tofu (Nasoya Brand Extra Firm)
- 1 C Panko Flakes
- Oil (for frying)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 C Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 16 oz Package Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
- 1/4 C Chopped Mushrooms
- 3 T Parsley
- 1 t Cumin
- Remaining Panko Crumbs from Pockets
- Press tofu in your TofuXpress for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Press thawed spinach in your TofuXpress (with the light tension spring) for 1/2 hour
- Preheat a pan of oil (at least one inch thick) for frying
- Cut the tofu into squares or triangles, about one inch thick. Cut out the center of the tofu pieces to create the pockets for stuffing.
- Lightly coat each piece of tofu in the panko flakes and fry until they are golden brown.
- Set aside the cooked tofu on a plate of paper towels.
- Add the onion to a heated frying pan (with a little water to prevent sticking),and saute for 3-5 mins.
- Add the spinach and mushrooms and continue to saute for another 5 mins, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture begins to cook and dry, stir in the panko flakes.
- Let the spinach mixture cool.
- Fill each of your tofu cubes with the stuffing and serve with soy sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
- Try stuffing the tofu pockets with your favorite vegetables.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/