Garden Tofu Scramble2013-04-16 16:18:27Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (I use White Wave Reduced Fat Tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
Adapted from Submitted by VegiegailAdapted from Submitted by VegiegailTofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Using your hands, crumble tofu into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté green onions 3 minutes until slightly softened, then mix in tofu and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add soy sauce, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes more. Add spices, and mix together well.
- Mix in the shredded carrots and red bell pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes. Then add the broccoli florets and about a cup of spinach. Stir well, then add remaining spinach. Stir, and cover skillet. Continue cooking until spinach is completely wilted, about 5 minutes more. Makes 4 large servings.