Curried Tofu and Onions2013-04-16 16:10:59Write a reviewIngredients
- 1 package extra firm tofu (preferably Nasoya brand)
- Canola spray oil
- 1 can coconut milk 12 oz
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or cashews
- 1-2 tbsp curry, to taste
- Fresh cilantro (4 tbsp chopped)
- Cayenne pepper
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Press tofu in TofuXpress for at least 3 hours.
- Remove tofu and cut brick into 1 inch cubes.
- Spray a large fry pan with canola oil and heat to medium.
- Place onions into pan and brown, careful to not burn.
- Add curry and coat onions. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add can of coconut milk and heat for 1 minute.
- Add tofu, tomatoes, nuts, and cilantro.
- Bring to a soft boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer
- for 10 minutes or more.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt to taste. Serve.