Crunchy Avocado Salad Sandwich
Healthy! Crunchy! PLUS Avocados! What’s not to love? Don’t forget the tomato pesto and dandelion greens!
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped Dandelion greens (or any green of your liking)
- Gluten-Free Rye Crackers (or any cracker you prefer, just needs to be sturdy)
- Tomato Pesto
- Determine how many crackers will be needed to line the bottom of the TofuXpress. Double that amount for the top layer of the sandwich and that is how many crackers you will need.
- Coat crackers with a thick layer of Tomato Pesto.
- Line bottom of the TofuXpress with crackers, placing the uncoated side of cracker down.
- Line the crackers with half of the sliced Avocado.
- Place chopped Dandelion greens on top of Avocado slices.
- Layer remaining slices of Avocado on top of greens.
- Layer remaining crackers on top of Avocado slices, with the Tomato Pesto side facing down on to the Avocado slices.
- Assemble TofuXpress onto Salad Sandwich and press for 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately)
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/