Crème Brulee TofuXpress-Style
- 1 lb Silken Tofu (Nasoya brand)
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar set aside for use after baking
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or plain Soy Milk
- ½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Arrowroot
- ¼ teaspoon Orange Oil
- Orange Zest
- Crème Brulee Torch (Wegmans)
- Press tofu in TofuXpress unit using the Light Tension Spring Attachment for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using a Food Processor or Mixer, combine Tofu, ¼ cup Brown Sugar, Soy Milk and blend for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients, Cinnamon, Arrowroot, Orange Oil, and Orange Zest. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into Ramekins and place in oven for 20 minutes. The tops should be browned by then.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with remaining 4 tablespoons of Brown Sugar. Using the Crème Brulee Torch, brown the sugar. Serve immediately for best results.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/