Cool Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing / Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped English Cucumber (long thin ones usually wrapped in stores)
- 2 cups plain Whole Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 light dash White Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mint, chopped (and crushed in mortar and pestle if you have one!)
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. It can be a dip, a salad dressing, cracker spread, or a yogurt-based meal, depending upon how long you keep it pressing in the TofuXpress.
- Press Cucumber in TofuXpress using the original spring for 1 hour. Drain off juice or save juice for another use.
- Combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mint, and Pepper. Stir to blend. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes so flavors a chance to blend.
- Line TofuXpress with Cheesecloth. Allow enough Cheesecloth to drape over the unit so that when folded it will completely cover yogurt. Spoon Yogurt into unit. Using the Light Tension Spring, press for ½ hour if using as a salad dressing or longer if more thickness is desired to create a spread. If too much thickness is created by mistake, add a tablespoon yogurt and stir to thin.
- This recipe uses both the TofuXpress original spring and Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/