Cinco my Tofu2013-03-26 16:18:54Write a reviewIngredients
- ¼ Small-to-Medium Red Sweet Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 1 brick Extra Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is great!)
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- Vegan Cheese, sliced and cut into small strips or shredded
- 1 bag Tortilla Scoops (the little basket-shaped chips)
- 4-5 sprigs fresh Cilantro coarsely chopped
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Using TofuXpress, press Tofu brick for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a blender or Vitamix for next steps. If you do not have either, use a Potato Masher or fork.
- Blend together Tofu, Avocado, Onion, ¼ cup Salsa, Salt, and Lime Juice till the mixture becomes creamy. Once well blended, add additional ¼ cup Salsa and stir to blend evenly.
- Place Tortilla Scoops onto cookie sheet or casserole dish. Fill each Tortilla Scoop with mixture. Top with Cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or till lightly browned and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with Cilantro and serve with remaining ¼ cup Salsa!