Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to email@example.com. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Spice Encrusted Tofu with Vegan Beurre Blanc
- 2 Bricks Extra Firm Tofu, 365 Brand
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- u00bd cup dry White Wine
- 2 medium Shallots
- 2 teaspoons whole White Peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 3 whole Blood Oranges, juiced
- 8 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 3 tablespoons fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 4-6 cups Arugula
- TofuXpress Unit
- TofuXpress Cutter
- Fine Strainer
- 1 Large Fry Pan
- 1 Medium Skillet
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress, for 3 hours, or overnight. If you do not have two TofuXpress units, you will need to plan ahead and press 1 brick overnight...
Faux Almond Float
Almond Float is a popular Asian (I believe it’s Chinese) dessert, at least in Hawaii.nIt’s essentially a fruit cocktail with some floating cubes of almond-flavored gel.nOf course, the gel is usually a sugar and gelatin mix. So I thought, why not cut out some sugar and increase the protein by using tofu instead?
- 1 block silken tofu
- 1 ~14-oz can of fruit cocktail mix, mandarin oranges, or other favorite fruit in syrup (traditionally it’s syrup, but water or natural juices are okay too)
- -OR- equivalent fresh fruit and juice
- Approx 1/3 – 1/2 cup (depends on preference) amaretto flavoring syrup (I used Da Vinci brand sugar free Amaretto)
- TofuXpress with #2 (light tension) spring
Sour Cream and Raspberry Spread
- 2 cups Sour Cream (not low fat)
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Preserve
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Xpress Cheesecloth
- Line TofuXpress unit with Cheesecloth and fill with Sour Cream. Using Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment, press Sour Cream for 4 hours or overnight.
- Blend Raspberry preserve with Pecans.
- Remove Sour Cream Cheese and place onto a dish. Spread Raspberry/Pecan topping and serve with crackers.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Cru00e8me Brulee TofuXpress-Style
- 1 lb Silken Tofu (Nasoya brand)
- u00bc cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar set aside for use after baking
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or plain Soy Milk
- u00bd teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- u00bd teaspoon Arrowroot
- u00bc teaspoon Orange Oil
- Orange Zest
- Cru00e8me Brulee Torch (Wegmans)
- Press tofu in TofuXpress unit using the Light Tension Spring Attachment for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using a Food Processor or Mixer, combine Tofu, u00bc cup Brown Sugar, Soy Milk and blend for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients, Cinnamon, Arrowroot, Orange Oil, and Orange Zest. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into Ramekins and place in oven for 20 minutes...
Yogurt Cheese (use the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment)
This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment (purchased separately)
- 2 cups yogurt
- Cheese cloth
- Line TofuXpress with cheese cloth, leaving room on either side for later folding over the yogurt.
- Spoon in 2 cups of yogurt either homemade, or store-bought.
- Cover completely with cheese cloth and assemble TofuXpress top.
- Leave in fridge overnight for best results.
- If you really want your yogurt cheese to be super-dense, change out the Light Tension Spring Attachment and replace it with the original spring after about 4 hours of pressing.
- Serve with Cucumber, celery, radishes, crackers, bread...
Marinated Tofu Cheese
- 1 14-oz package firm tofu
- Fresh or dried herbs (thyme, oregano, basil, bay leaves)
- lemon zest (optional)
- few cloves of garlic, peeled and slightly crushed
- optional kalamata olives and cherry tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- I made this marinated tofu cheese by using 1 14-oz package firm tofu that I drained and pressed using TofuXpress overnight, which gave it a really nice texture. I cut the tofu into small cubes (about 1/2 inch) and sprinkled it with salt. I wanted to use fresh branches of thyme, fresh basil and oregano, but all I had were dried herbs...
Tofu Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup Light Miso
- 1 brick (1 lb) Soft Tofu, Nasoya brand (not Silken)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Tahini (Krinos is a great brand)
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 5-6 sprigs fresh Oregano Leaves
- 5-6 sprigs fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Press soft Tofu in TofuXpress for 2 hours.
- In a blender or food processor, add Miso, soft Tofu, Oil, 1/2 cup Water (reserving rest for later, and all other remaining ingredients for Cheese Filling). Blend well. Add remaining water slowly to create the proper consistency, not too thick or thin...
- 1 package (brick) firm tofu
- 1/4 cup pesto (approx. 4 oz)
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place entire brick of Tofu in TofuXpress and press Tofu for a minimum of one hour, preferably two hours. Remove Tofu from TofuXpress and cut Tofu into 1 or 1 u00bd inch cubes. Place Tofu in bowl and add Pesto. Gently mix together and return to refrigerator for a 1/2 hour. Before serving, add olive oil and salt. Gently mix and serve. This may be made a day ahead.
- Serve room temperature or warmed.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Mock Tuna Tartare
- 1 Brick Tofu
- 1/4 cup Tomato Pesto
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Place brick of Tofu into TofuXpress and allow to press for at least 3 hours or overnight. Dice Tofu into small squares and add Tomato Pesto and 1-2 tbs olive oil. (Add more Tomato Pesto if you prefer to achieve a consistency where the mixture starts to stick together and also consistently coats tofu. Place mixture into TofuXpress and allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Use a crabcake cutter to form round pattie. Place onto plate, drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil onto side of plate, and add parsley garnish. Serve.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Pr...
Tofu and Coconut Curry Soup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrot (about 4)
- 1 1/2 cups (1-inch) pieces green beans (8 ounces)
- 1 (14-ounce) package water-packed soft tofu, pressed and cut into (1-inch) cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic to pan; sautu00e9 30 seconds or until lightly browned. Add curry paste; sautu00e9 1 minute, stirring constantly...