Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Stir-Fry using The Czar’s Pinot Szechuan Sauce
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 lb green beans
- 1 spring onion (whole onion – white and green)
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 bottle The Czar’s Fine Foods Pinot Szechuan Sauce
- This was my first opportunity to use my new TofuXpress tofu press. This press allows you to press all of the water out of tofu using a spring-loaded mechanism leaving it much firmer. I pressed my tofu for one hour. If you don’t have a tofu press, just put the tofu on a plate covered in paper towels and stack other plates and some sort of weight on top and leave it for an hour.
- In the meantime, slice the vegetables...
Moroccan Tofu Stew ala Sur La Table
- Moroccan Tagine Stew Mix (by Urban Accents, sold at Sur La Table; or substitute another Moroccan spice blend that contains coriander, cinnamon, cardamom, and pepper; no salt).
- 1 cup Apricots, halved, lengthwise
- 2 tbs Olive Oil u2013 (Marca Verde il Classico at Sur La Table)
- 12-14 oz. Vegetable broth
- 2 bricks Tofu
- u00bd cup Walnuts, halved
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Mint
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour. Cut Tofu into cubes yielding 24 cubes per brick. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Place walnuts in a pyrex bowl with room for more liquid...
BBQ Baked Tofu
This is actually a really flavorful tofu recipe that even those staunch meat eaters in your household will probably like, but of course you could use the same recipe for barbecue chicken or pork by simply adjusting the cook time accordingly. I suggest doing half (tofu) and half, so they can at least try a bite. It might sway them to stick with the low in fat, high in protein and calcium tofu next time.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable and Noodle Bake
- 1 brick (1 lb) Firm or Extra Firm Tofu Nasoya brand
- 12 Lasagna noodles (preferably Gluten-free, though harder to work with)
- 1 medium Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 medium Red Spanish Onion, chopped
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 10 oz box frozen chopped Spinach, thawed
- 1 u00bd – 2 cups Tofu Ricotta Cheese filling (see below for ingredients and directions)
- u00bd cup Red Wine
- 2 jars Marinara Sauce (approx. 24 oz total). May substitute one Marinara jar for one with vegetables. (We used 1 jar Williams-Sonoma Rustic Vegetable Sauce u2013 outstanding!).
- 2-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- u00bd cup Gruyere Cheese shredded or Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt and P...
Caramelized Tofu with Swiss Chard
- 2 Bricks Tofu, 365 Brand, Extra Firm.
- 6 leaves Red Swiss Chard, thlnly sliced horizontally
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Yellow Onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika (McCormick brand is nice)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters
- Cookie Sheet or Wax Paper
- Press Tofu for 2 hours or overnight. Slice Tofu lengthwise. If a Valentines Day theme is desired, cut some of the Tofu with cookie cutters. Dice remaining Tofu into smaller sizes. This can be done one day ahead.
- In a very large skillet, heat Oil on medium heat. Add Onions. Stir Onions to coat with Oil...
Spice Encrusted Tofu with Vegan Beurre Blanc
- 2 Bricks Extra Firm Tofu, 365 Brand
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- u00bd cup dry White Wine
- 2 medium Shallots
- 2 teaspoons whole White Peppercorns, lightly crushed
- 3 whole Blood Oranges, juiced
- 8 tablespoons Earth Balance
- 3 tablespoons fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 4-6 cups Arugula
- TofuXpress Unit
- TofuXpress Cutter
- Fine Strainer
- 1 Large Fry Pan
- 1 Medium Skillet
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress, for 3 hours, or overnight. If you do not have two TofuXpress units, you will need to plan ahead and press 1 brick overnight...
Faux Almond Float
Almond Float is a popular Asian (I believe it’s Chinese) dessert, at least in Hawaii.nIt’s essentially a fruit cocktail with some floating cubes of almond-flavored gel.nOf course, the gel is usually a sugar and gelatin mix. So I thought, why not cut out some sugar and increase the protein by using tofu instead?
- 1 block silken tofu
- 1 ~14-oz can of fruit cocktail mix, mandarin oranges, or other favorite fruit in syrup (traditionally it’s syrup, but water or natural juices are okay too)
- -OR- equivalent fresh fruit and juice
- Approx 1/3 – 1/2 cup (depends on preference) amaretto flavoring syrup (I used Da Vinci brand sugar free Amaretto)
- TofuXpress with #2 (light tension) spring
Sour Cream and Raspberry Spread
- 2 cups Sour Cream (not low fat)
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Preserve
- 1/8 Cup Chopped Pecans
- Xpress Cheesecloth
- Line TofuXpress unit with Cheesecloth and fill with Sour Cream. Using Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment, press Sour Cream for 4 hours or overnight.
- Blend Raspberry preserve with Pecans.
- Remove Sour Cream Cheese and place onto a dish. Spread Raspberry/Pecan topping and serve with crackers.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Cru00e8me Brulee TofuXpress-Style
- 1 lb Silken Tofu (Nasoya brand)
- u00bc cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons Brown Sugar set aside for use after baking
- 2 tablespoons vanilla or plain Soy Milk
- u00bd teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- u00bd teaspoon Arrowroot
- u00bc teaspoon Orange Oil
- Orange Zest
- Cru00e8me Brulee Torch (Wegmans)
- Press tofu in TofuXpress unit using the Light Tension Spring Attachment for 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Using a Food Processor or Mixer, combine Tofu, u00bc cup Brown Sugar, Soy Milk and blend for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients, Cinnamon, Arrowroot, Orange Oil, and Orange Zest. Blend well.
- Pour mixture into Ramekins and place in oven for 20 minutes...
Yogurt Cheese (use the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment)
This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment (purchased separately)
- 2 cups yogurt
- Cheese cloth
- Line TofuXpress with cheese cloth, leaving room on either side for later folding over the yogurt.
- Spoon in 2 cups of yogurt either homemade, or store-bought.
- Cover completely with cheese cloth and assemble TofuXpress top.
- Leave in fridge overnight for best results.
- If you really want your yogurt cheese to be super-dense, change out the Light Tension Spring Attachment and replace it with the original spring after about 4 hours of pressing.
- Serve with Cucumber, celery, radishes, crackers, bread...