Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits, packed in juice
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- Drain and set aside pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth...
Grilled Veggie and Tofu Stack with Balsamic and Mint
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 12-ounce container extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 slices, pressed with Tofu Xpress
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 1 red bell pepper, rounded ends trimmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 4 3-inch-diameter portobello or shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small head of radicchio, quartered through root end
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)...
Grilled Lemon Rosemary Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz.) water-packed super firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 3 wide slices (or 6 short slices)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about u00bc cup)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- A few shakes (or grinds) black pepper, to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow pie dish or small baking dish. Soak the tofu slices in marinade for 1 hour, flipping once halfway through...
Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- 1/2 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu (not silken), pressed using TofuXpress
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.
Garden Tofu Scramble
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (I use White Wave Reduced Fat Tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- Using your hands, crumble tofu into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sautu00e9 green onions 3 minutes until slightly softened, then mix in tofu and sautu00e9 for 2 minutes more. Add soy sauce, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes more...
Marinated Baked Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 TBSP soy sauce u20282 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TSPB fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar or brown sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Drain tofu using TofuXpress and cut. Depending on your use, you can cut the tofu into strips, cubes, or flat squares (which is what I did here).
- Mix all other ingredients except olive oil and pour over tofu into the TofuXpress. Secure marinating lid.
- Refrigerate overnight (can marinade for longer if needed).
- Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes...
Thai Coconut-Crusted Tofu Hearts
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, pressed
- 3 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter (organic preferred)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (or 1/4 cup regular + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- reserved marinade
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter (organic preferred)
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (or 1/4 cup regular + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Coconut breading
- heaping 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional, omit to keep this dish mild)
- steamed veggies and rice
Curried Tofu and Onions
- 1 package extra firm tofu (preferably Nasoya brand)
- Canola spray oil
- 1 can coconut milk 12 oz
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or cashews
- 1-2 tbsp curry, to taste
- Fresh cilantro (4 tbsp chopped)
- Cayenne pepper
- Press tofu in TofuXpress for at least 3 hours.
- Remove tofu and cut brick into 1 inch cubes.
- Spray a large fry pan with canola oil and heat to medium.
- Place onions into pan and brown, careful to not burn.
- Add curry and coat onions. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add can of coconut milk and heat for 1 minute.
- Add tofu, tomatoes, nuts, and cilantro.
- Bring to a soft boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer
- for 10 minutes or more.
Italian Tofu Bake
- 1 brick firm or extra firm Tofu
- 16 ounces Tomato Sauce, with tomato chucks (optional u2013 Add tomato paste to thicken)
- 2 cups Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium sweet Onion, sautu00e9ed (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic, sautu00e9ed (optional)
- Press tofu for 1 hour, using the TofuXpress.
- Cube Tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss cubed Tofu into a non-stick casserole dish or baking pan (preferably deep enough to later add sauce and cheese).
- Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on edges. Flip cubes after 20 minutes to evenly brown.
- Heat Sauce in sauce pan. (Add Onion and Garlic into Sauce).
- Pour Sauce over ba...
- 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed for best results
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 8-oz package of crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 tomato, medium sized, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash or other favorite seasoning mix (if with salt, omit salt below)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Easy peasy!
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook vegetables in olive oil with all seasonings until dry. You might want to taste test for spice levels. Should be a bit strong since you will be adding it to un-spiced tofu in a bit.
- In the same pan you cooked the vegetables, add a bit more oil if needed and...