Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
- 1 brick Firm or Extra Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is best!)
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- u00bc cup Red Sweet Spanish Onion
- 2 tablespoons dried Cilantro or u00bc cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried Garlic Powder
- u00bd Orange Bell Pepper, chopped (or can use a Red Bell Pepper)
- 1 Habanero Pepper, finely chopped
- u00bd fresh Lime
- 6 large Romaine Leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Kale Leaves u2013 Blanched for 3-4 minutes (need to still be firm not completely cooked and soft. How to: Boil water in a deep pot or a wide shallow pan. Drop in Kale leaves and boil for 3-4 minutes, til bright green but not too soft as they will be used for wraps...
Tomato Lover’s Tofu
- 1 Brick Tofu (Nasoya’s Extra Firm is best!)
- 1 4 oz tube Tomato Paste (double-concentrated if you can find…)
- Sundried Tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh Basil Leaves
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Kalamata Olives
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress overnight.
- Slice brick into thinly sliced pieces to serve. You will need to use a thin long knife to slice it both lengthwise and widthwise. It is easy to eat if you end up with slices that are about two inches in length. The thinner the thickness of the slices the more they will resemble Tomato Pie pieces or crackers.
- Spread a thin layer of Tomato Paste onto each piece of tofu...
Basil Tofu Squares
What do you get when you combine Pressed Tofu, Oregano, Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil ? A flavorful vegan side dish!
- 1 brick Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- Basil Leaves (large) (12-24 leaves)
- Ground Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut brick into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Using small dishes, layer 1 or two Basil leaves at the base of the dish. Place one Tofu square on top. Sprinkle a dusting of ground Oregano on each Tofu cube.
- With a small spoon, or a measuring teaspoon, drizzle about 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar onto each Tofu square. Follow with Olive Oil...
Tofu Tomato Salad
Protein packed healthy salad with Pressed Tofu, Tomatoes, and more!
- 2 Bricks Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- 1 cup loose Basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- 10-12 Campari Tomatoes (larger than Cherry Tomatoes, but smaller than regular sized Tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice blend (Found in spice aisle)
- Sea Salt
- Press each Tofu brick in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut bricks into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter). This will yield 24 squares.
- Slice each tomato in half, length-wise.
- Wisk the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Tofu, Tomatoes, and Basil...
Cool Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing / Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped English Cucumber (long thin ones usually wrapped in stores)
- 2 cups plain Whole Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 light dash White Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mint, chopped (and crushed in mortar and pestle if you have one!)
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. It can be a dip, a salad dressing, cracker spread, or a yogurt-based meal, depending upon how long you keep it pressing in the TofuXpress.
- Press Cucumber in TofuXpress using the original spring for 1 hour. Drain off juice or save juice for another use.
- Combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mint, and Pepper. Stir to blend...
Tofu and Kale Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Brick Tofu, 365 Brand (Whole Foods)
- 2 Cups finely sliced Kale
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard, Triple Crunch, sold at Sur La Table (1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Tofu Marinade)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Dressing)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon (for Walnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon (for Tofu Marinade)
- Sea Salt
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXpress unit for 1-2 hours...
Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad
Stop eating traditional salads! This Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad has more protein, more flavor, and more health benefits!
- 1 Brick Tofu, House Foods Extra Firm
- 1 15 oz can Salad Beans, drained
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped u00bd inch thick
- 2 Green Onions, sliced u00bd inch thick
- u00bc cup Red Onion, coarsely chopped
- u00bd cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbps. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Date Sugar (Ground Dates found at Whole Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for three hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine Cabbages, Celery, Onions, Tofu,...
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 2 tablespoons Water
- fresh Mint leaves
- Add berries into TofuXpress and press for at least 2 hours in refrigeration. Reserve all berry juice – do not discard!
- When there is some berry juice ready, pour off berry juice into a small saucepan. Add Agave. Heat till almost a boil. Add Arrowroot powder to thicken. Add water to adjust as needed, to create a slightly thick sauce.
- Turn off heat.
- Add berries only to coat with sauce.
- Place back into TofuXpress and press in refrigeration at least 2 hours in order to allow the mixture to gel together.
Almond-Cherry Rice Press
- u00bc cup sliced Almonds
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, pitted, and halved
- 2 cups cooked White rice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Almond flavor (Frontier brand, or Almond extract)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add Mirin, Almond flavor, and water into a small bowl. Stir to blend.
- Follow directions to cook rice. Do not cook rice till completely dry. Allow some moisture to remain so that the rice is still a bit sticky.
- Add almond slices and stir to allow the almonds to soften a bit (a few minutes).
- Add cherries and mirin mixture to pot and stir to distribute evenly. (You can add more flavoring to your taste.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line TofuXpress with ...
Tofu Triangles with Creamy Nut Butter Sauce with Scallions
- 1 carton firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil, for frying
- 2 scallions including the greens, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame paste, peanut butter, or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or chili oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water or stock
- Pinch salt
- Press tofu then slice crosswise into scant 1/ 2-inch slabs, then cut each slab into 2 triangles.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick...