Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to email@example.com. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Cool Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing / Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped English Cucumber (long thin ones usually wrapped in stores)
- 2 cups plain Whole Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 light dash White Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mint, chopped (and crushed in mortar and pestle if you have one!)
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. It can be a dip, a salad dressing, cracker spread, or a yogurt-based meal, depending upon how long you keep it pressing in the TofuXpress.
- Press Cucumber in TofuXpress using the original spring for 1 hour. Drain off juice or save juice for another use.
- Combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mint, and Pepper. Stir to blend...
Tofu and Kale Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Brick Tofu, 365 Brand (Whole Foods)
- 2 Cups finely sliced Kale
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard, Triple Crunch, sold at Sur La Table (1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Tofu Marinade)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Dressing)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon (for Walnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon (for Tofu Marinade)
- Sea Salt
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXpress unit for 1-2 hours...
Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad
Stop eating traditional salads! This Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad has more protein, more flavor, and more health benefits!
- 1 Brick Tofu, House Foods Extra Firm
- 1 15 oz can Salad Beans, drained
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped u00bd inch thick
- 2 Green Onions, sliced u00bd inch thick
- u00bc cup Red Onion, coarsely chopped
- u00bd cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbps. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Date Sugar (Ground Dates found at Whole Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for three hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine Cabbages, Celery, Onions, Tofu,...
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 2 tablespoons Water
- fresh Mint leaves
- Add berries into TofuXpress and press for at least 2 hours in refrigeration. Reserve all berry juice – do not discard!
- When there is some berry juice ready, pour off berry juice into a small saucepan. Add Agave. Heat till almost a boil. Add Arrowroot powder to thicken. Add water to adjust as needed, to create a slightly thick sauce.
- Turn off heat.
- Add berries only to coat with sauce.
- Place back into TofuXpress and press in refrigeration at least 2 hours in order to allow the mixture to gel together.
Almond-Cherry Rice Press
- u00bc cup sliced Almonds
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, pitted, and halved
- 2 cups cooked White rice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Almond flavor (Frontier brand, or Almond extract)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add Mirin, Almond flavor, and water into a small bowl. Stir to blend.
- Follow directions to cook rice. Do not cook rice till completely dry. Allow some moisture to remain so that the rice is still a bit sticky.
- Add almond slices and stir to allow the almonds to soften a bit (a few minutes).
- Add cherries and mirin mixture to pot and stir to distribute evenly. (You can add more flavoring to your taste.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line TofuXpress with ...
Tofu Triangles with Creamy Nut Butter Sauce with Scallions
- 1 carton firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil, for frying
- 2 scallions including the greens, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame paste, peanut butter, or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or chili oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water or stock
- Pinch salt
- Press tofu then slice crosswise into scant 1/ 2-inch slabs, then cut each slab into 2 triangles.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick...
Grilled Tofu with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion, minced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, pressed
- Olive oil
- To prepare the chimichurri sauce, place the parsley, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, chili, shallot or onion, 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar and lemon juice ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed...
Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil, (optional)
- Press tofu and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine with 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat...
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 14-ounce package firm or extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce, preferably low-sodium
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Combine breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Press tofu for 30 minutes and cut tofu lengthwise into 4 steaks...
Southwestern Tofu Scramble
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 14-ounce package firm water-packed tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed (can also used canned or corn of cob depending on season)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the tofu begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan...