Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your tofu press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse through new ways to use your TofuXpress or share recipes you have created using pressed tofu.
The TofuXpress was created to make tofu more enjoyable and to help others incorporate more “Green Protein” into their diet. Pressing tofu allows for better flavor through more effective marination and it also changes its texture! We hope you see this tofu press as an opportunity to introduce tofu to your friends and family in new ways.
There are more reasons to “Eat Green Protein”. For example, we ran across an interesting statistic: “Growing soybeans doesn’t require nearly the amount of water that’s needed to raise animals.
A household that replaces one pound of beef with one pound of soy per month would conserve twenty thousand gallons of water per year. If just 20 percent of households in the Unites States and Canada substituted four ounces of beef for four ounces of soy per week the annual water savings would be enough to provide ten gallons of drinking water to ever person in the world.” The Green Book p. 71.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence you to make small modifications for yourself, your loved ones, and the planet.
Want to do more? Help us to help others by sharing your favorite pressed tofu recipes with us today. Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to email@example.com. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe and please indicate if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Minted Tzatziki Cucumber Spread
- 2 cups Yogurt
- u00bd cup Cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely chopped or shredded with a grater.
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- 6 Mint leaves chopped or 1 tsp dried mint
- a sprig of Fresh Dill
- *Though not necessary, having more than one TofuXPress will make this go faster.
- Place cucumber into TofuXpress. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to blend. Assemble TofuXpress and press overnight to remove excess water from cucumber. Pour off water and set aside for use. (This can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the...
Tofu Nicoise Salad
- 4 large Romaine leaves, torn into small bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 brick Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is great)
- 12 Nicoise Olives, halved
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Coarse Ground Mustard with whole mustard seeds (Grey Poupon is great)
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 4-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 3 hours or overnight if more convenient. Remove and slice diagonally, into thin strips.
- Using a fork, rake the tofu gently while in stacks of thin strips. This will create a u201ctuna-fishu201d flakey texture.
- In a medium bowl, add ...
- 1 brick Firm or Extra Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is best!)
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- u00bc cup Red Sweet Spanish Onion
- 2 tablespoons dried Cilantro or u00bc cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried Garlic Powder
- u00bd Orange Bell Pepper, chopped (or can use a Red Bell Pepper)
- 1 Habanero Pepper, finely chopped
- u00bd fresh Lime
- 6 large Romaine Leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Kale Leaves u2013 Blanched for 3-4 minutes (need to still be firm not completely cooked and soft. How to: Boil water in a deep pot or a wide shallow pan. Drop in Kale leaves and boil for 3-4 minutes, til bright green but not too soft as they will be used for wraps...
Tomato Lover’s Tofu
- 1 Brick Tofu (Nasoya’s Extra Firm is best!)
- 1 4 oz tube Tomato Paste (double-concentrated if you can find…)
- Sundried Tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh Basil Leaves
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Kalamata Olives
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress overnight.
- Slice brick into thinly sliced pieces to serve. You will need to use a thin long knife to slice it both lengthwise and widthwise. It is easy to eat if you end up with slices that are about two inches in length. The thinner the thickness of the slices the more they will resemble Tomato Pie pieces or crackers.
- Spread a thin layer of Tomato Paste onto each piece of tofu...
Basil Tofu Squares
What do you get when you combine Pressed Tofu, Oregano, Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil ? A flavorful vegan side dish!
- 1 brick Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- Basil Leaves (large) (12-24 leaves)
- Ground Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut brick into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Using small dishes, layer 1 or two Basil leaves at the base of the dish. Place one Tofu square on top. Sprinkle a dusting of ground Oregano on each Tofu cube.
- With a small spoon, or a measuring teaspoon, drizzle about 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar onto each Tofu square. Follow with Olive Oil...
Tofu Tomato Salad
Protein packed healthy salad with Pressed Tofu, Tomatoes, and more!
- 2 Bricks Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- 1 cup loose Basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- 10-12 Campari Tomatoes (larger than Cherry Tomatoes, but smaller than regular sized Tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice blend (Found in spice aisle)
- Sea Salt
- Press each Tofu brick in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut bricks into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter). This will yield 24 squares.
- Slice each tomato in half, length-wise.
- Wisk the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Tofu, Tomatoes, and Basil...
Cool Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing / Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped English Cucumber (long thin ones usually wrapped in stores)
- 2 cups plain Whole Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 light dash White Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mint, chopped (and crushed in mortar and pestle if you have one!)
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. It can be a dip, a salad dressing, cracker spread, or a yogurt-based meal, depending upon how long you keep it pressing in the TofuXpress.
- Press Cucumber in TofuXpress using the original spring for 1 hour. Drain off juice or save juice for another use.
- Combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mint, and Pepper. Stir to blend...
Tofu and Kale Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Brick Tofu, 365 Brand (Whole Foods)
- 2 Cups finely sliced Kale
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard, Triple Crunch, sold at Sur La Table (1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Tofu Marinade)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Dressing)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon (for Walnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon (for Tofu Marinade)
- Sea Salt
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXpress unit for 1-2 hours...
Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad
Stop eating traditional salads! This Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad has more protein, more flavor, and more health benefits!
- 1 Brick Tofu, House Foods Extra Firm
- 1 15 oz can Salad Beans, drained
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped u00bd inch thick
- 2 Green Onions, sliced u00bd inch thick
- u00bc cup Red Onion, coarsely chopped
- u00bd cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbps. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Date Sugar (Ground Dates found at Whole Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for three hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine Cabbages, Celery, Onions, Tofu,...
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 2 tablespoons Water
- fresh Mint leaves
- Add berries into TofuXpress and press for at least 2 hours in refrigeration. Reserve all berry juice – do not discard!
- When there is some berry juice ready, pour off berry juice into a small saucepan. Add Agave. Heat till almost a boil. Add Arrowroot powder to thicken. Add water to adjust as needed, to create a slightly thick sauce.
- Turn off heat.
- Add berries only to coat with sauce.
- Place back into TofuXpress and press in refrigeration at least 2 hours in order to allow the mixture to gel together.