Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Raw Portabella Salad
- 1 package of sliced Portabella mushrooms (approximately 1 u00bd cups)
- 1 sweet Vidalia Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Place Portabella mushroom slices into TofuXpress. Coat with half of the Teriyaki Sauce. Assemble the TofuXpress and press for 2 hours or overnight. Do not dispose of the juice that forms on top of the TofuXpress as this will become part of the salad dressing. When done pressing, pour juice into mixing bowl and remove mushrooms from the Tofuxpress and place in the same bowl. Coarsely chop mushrooms and stir to coat mushrooms in juice.
- Finely slice the onion and the pepper. Slice into quarters...
Pressed Corn Salad
Let this light salad be the signature dish of your summer. It’s full of fresh corn and scallions and tangy flavor the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 Cobs uncooked Corn
- 3 Scallion stalks
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Aminos
- Juice from 1/2 Lime, add any pulp
- Slice Corn off of cob with a knife.
- Slice Scallions thin.
- Add all ingredients into the TofuXpress and toss to coat.
- Press Corn mixture for 1 hour in refrigeration. Do not drain off juice! These are the nutrients that also make the marinade.
- When done, pour juice into bowl for serving. Add pressed corn and stir to coat.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately)
Tofu and Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb block firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch strips lengthwise
- 1 medium head green or red cabbage, shredded or chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce (light or regular)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Press tofu and cut into strips, then sautu00e9 until light brown (about 4 minutes per side).
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients with 2 tbsp water (puree in blender for...
Wild Rice Salad
Wild Rice Salad with tofu in a Sesame Soy Vinaigrette
- 3 C. cooked Brown & Wild Rice Fusion (about 1/2 a 10oz. bag)
- 1 (14oz) block firm tofu, pressed for at least two hours and cut into 3/4u2033 cubes
- olive oil spray (I use a Misto sprayer)
- 1/2 C. Sesame Soy Vinaigrette
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into 3/4u2033 pieces
- 1 C. grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 C. cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on the bias
- Put the cooked rice in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Heat a medium (10u2033) skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil, then add the tofu, tossing occasionally until nicely browned.
- Add the tofu to the bowl with the rice...
Asian Slaw with Tofu and Shiitake Mushrooms
Slaw with an Asian twist. Bold flavors and textures make this a great pressed tofu side dish.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups lightly packed shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded bok choy
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Press tofu for 30 minutes. While pressing whisk soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Drain water, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place cabbage and bo...
Umeboshi Plum-Nori Pressed Rice
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 or 3 sheets of toasted Nori
- Prepared Wasabi Paste
- 4-6 Umeboshi Plums (pit removed)
- Hot Chili Paste (found in stores)
- Peanut Satay Dipping Sauce (found in stores)
- Line base of TofuXpress with 1 Nori Sheet. Allow sides to curl up. (Don’t worry if the sheet cracks – Do your best to keep it together).Add approximately 1 cup of sushi rice into Tofuxpress. Place dots of Wasabi Paste onto rice. With a fork, mix lightly to spread paste. Add Plums, spreading the plums out onto rice so as to not have one large clump of plum in one spot. Add the balance of the rice. Place another sheet of Nori onto rice mixture.
- Assemble Tof...
Pressed Rice with Apricots and Raisins
- White rice
- Can of apricots (or fruit of your choice)
- Forbidden rice
- Pinch of Cardamon
- Pinch of Mirin
- Cook the rice. If your fruit is frozen fold in while the rice is hot.
- Put the rice with the fruit and raisins into the press and start the block.
- Cook the Forbidden Rice and allow to come to room temperature.
- Take the started block out of the fridge and put a layer of the Forbidden Rice on top.
- Reassemble the unit and put back in the fridge for a few hours.
- This is an extremely nutritious and stunningly beautiful recipe.
- You can do similar with rice and beans.
Adapted from Submitted by D. Hutchins
Blueberry-Museli Pressed Yogurt
- 2 cups Yogurt
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Mint
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the inside and to drape over the unit with food inside.
- Line TofuXpress with cheesecloth.
- Place two cups of Yogurt into Tofuxpress. Cover Yogurt entirely with sides of Cheesecloth. Press with the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment for approximately 4 hours. (Any longer and it will solidify into cheese).
- Place u00be cup into a bowl and add blueberries, and sprinkle with Museli. Garnish with fresh Mint Leaves.
- Serve for breakfast.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu P...
Minted Tzatziki Cucumber Spread
- 2 cups Yogurt
- u00bd cup Cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely chopped or shredded with a grater.
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- 6 Mint leaves chopped or 1 tsp dried mint
- a sprig of Fresh Dill
- *Though not necessary, having more than one TofuXPress will make this go faster.
- Place cucumber into TofuXpress. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to blend. Assemble TofuXpress and press overnight to remove excess water from cucumber. Pour off water and set aside for use. (This can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the...
Tofu Nicoise Salad
Vegan & Vegetarian alternative to a traditional Niçoise salad. Pressed tofu replaces the tuna, and leave nothing to be desired!
- 4 large Romaine leaves, torn into small bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 brick Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is great)
- 12 Nicoise Olives, halved
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Coarse Ground Mustard with whole mustard seeds (Grey Poupon is great)
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 4-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 3 hours or overnight if more convenient. Remove and slice diagonally, into thin strips.
- Using a fork, ra...