Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Lemongrass Tofu Banh Mi
Lemongrass Tofu Banh Mi vegan friendly and deslish!
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 10 slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (about 3 bulbs)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baguettes
- do chua pickles
- sliced cucumbers, Japanese or English hothouse or other types with fewer seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, lemongrass and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a shallow dish place tofu slices in a single layer. Pour sauce over tofu, turning pieces to coat well...
Golden Stuffed Tofu
Golden Tofu Pockets filled with Spinach, Onions and Mushrooms.
- 1 Large Brick of Tofu (Nasoya Brand Extra Firm)
- 1 C Panko Flakes
- Oil (for frying)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 C Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 16 oz Package Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
- 1/4 C Chopped Mushrooms
- 3 T Parsley
- 1 t Cumin
- Remaining Panko Crumbs from Pockets
- Press tofu in your TofuXpress for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Press thawed spinach in your TofuXpress (with the light tension spring) for 1/2 hour
- Preheat a pan of oil (at least one inch thick) for frying
- Cut the tofu into squares or triangles, about one inch thick...
Tangy Summer Stew
- 1 Brick Tofu, Nasoya brand, Extra Firm
- 2 cups chopped Celery, 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- u00bc cup coarsely chopped fresh Parsley
- u00bc teaspoon ground Oregano
- 10 Kalamato Olives, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Sumac
- u00bd teaspoon ground Cumin
- u00bc teaspoon Sea Salt
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Using TofuXpress Xpress Cutter, cut Tofu into 24 even squares.
- Set aside.
- In a deep, large saucepan, heat to a soft boil, Broth, Tomato, Onion, Celery, Parsley, Olives, and Oregano...
Korean-Style Fried Tofu with Green Onion Sauce
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (12 oz.)
- canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder flakes u2013 optional (I bought Whole Spice Korean chili flakes in Napa Valley and itu2019s quite mild though it gives the sauce a splash of color).
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want the sauce to be).
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (or more if you prefer).
- 1 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (I use an electric Zojirushi sesame grinder though for a few dollars you can purchase an inexpensive hand grinder at...
Baked Mock Chicken Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz) extra firm tofu such as Wildwood
- olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, lite or regular
- 1 teaspoon Spike seasoning
- 1/4 cup u2013 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a toaster oven thereu2019s no need to preheat.
- If you have a TofuXpress press the tofu for 30 -45 minutes. Drain water, cut tofu into four slabs and break each slab into 4 random sized pieces (total 16).
- No press? Slice the tofu into four slabs and place in a single layer on paper towels. Layer additional paper towels on top of the tofu slabs...
Honey Mustard Kale Salad with Spicy Tofu
- 1 brick Extra Firm Tofu, Nasoya brand
- 4 cups thinly sliced Kale, washed and dried
- 2 Granny Apples, sliced into matchbook strips
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (one tablespoon will be used to pan fry Tofu)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (try Kozlik’s at Sur La Table)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (try Star Thistle Honey at Sur La Table)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons 5 Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
- u00bd teaspoon ground White Pepper
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 2-3 hours, or overnight...
OH – So – Easy – Blueberry Yogurt Spread
This is a satisfying simple plate to serve as a different twist for breakfast or as an appetizer.
- Here we used Dannon All natural Blueberry, 3.6 oz single servings. You can certainly use your favorite Soy Yogurt or Plain Yogurt and add fruit.
- Line the TofuXpress Unit with TofuXpress Cheesecloth. Using the Light Tension Spring attachment (sold separately), press overnight. Pour off the whey or retain the whey for another recipe. Served here with Gluten-Free Melba Toasts.
- This is a satisfying simple plate to serve as a different twist for breakfast or as an appetizer.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress...
Healthy Broccoli Slaw
This Broccoli Slaw is a great alternative to traditional coleslaw.
- 1 8-10 oz. package pre-shredded package of brocolli slaw.
- 1/2 cup Hemp Oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Place as much of the slaw as you can into the TofuXpress.
- This recipe uses the Spring Attachment (sold separately). Mix together the oil garlic, sesame seeds, and vinegar. Drizzle a few tablespoons right on to the slaw and stir to coat. Press for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, drain off the liquid, which is mostly water. The
- marinate will stick to the slaw. It tastes great!
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Raisin and Cashew Cabbage Salad
- 1 cup Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Napa or other Green Cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp Safflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mirin (Rice cooking
- wine, sweet)
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and coat well. Place mixture into TofuXpress and allow to press for 1 hour. Add additional mixture.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately)
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Crunchy Avocado Salad Sandwich
Healthy! Crunchy! PLUS Avocados! What’s not to love? Don’t forget the tomato pesto and dandelion greens!
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped Dandelion greens (or any green of your liking)
- Gluten-Free Rye Crackers (or any cracker you prefer, just needs to be sturdy)
- Tomato Pesto
- Determine how many crackers will be needed to line the bottom of the TofuXpress. Double that amount for the top layer of the sandwich and that is how many crackers you will need.
- Coat crackers with a thick layer of Tomato Pesto.
- Line bottom of the TofuXpress with crackers, placing the uncoated side of cracker down.
- Line the crackers with half of the sliced Avocado.
- Place choppe...