Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your tofu press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse through new ways to use your TofuXpress or share recipes you have created using pressed tofu.
The TofuXpress was created to make tofu more enjoyable and to help others incorporate more “Green Protein” into their diet. Pressing tofu allows for better flavor through more effective marination and it also changes its texture! We hope you see this tofu press as an opportunity to introduce tofu to your friends and family in new ways.
There are more reasons to “Eat Green Protein”. For example, we ran across an interesting statistic: “Growing soybeans doesn’t require nearly the amount of water that’s needed to raise animals.
A household that replaces one pound of beef with one pound of soy per month would conserve twenty thousand gallons of water per year. If just 20 percent of households in the Unites States and Canada substituted four ounces of beef for four ounces of soy per week the annual water savings would be enough to provide ten gallons of drinking water to ever person in the world.” The Green Book p. 71.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence you to make small modifications for yourself, your loved ones, and the planet.
Want to do more? Help us to help others by sharing your favorite pressed tofu recipes with us today. Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe and please indicate if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Raisin and Cashew Cabbage Salad
- 1 cup Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Napa or other Green Cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Carrots
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp Safflower Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Rice Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Mirin (Rice cooking
- wine, sweet)
- Combine all liquid ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and coat well. Place mixture into TofuXpress and allow to press for 1 hour. Add additional mixture.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately)
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Crunchy Avocado Salad Sandwich
Healthy! Crunchy! PLUS Avocados! What’s not to love? Don’t forget the tomato pesto and dandelion greens!
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup chopped Dandelion greens (or any green of your liking)
- Gluten-Free Rye Crackers (or any cracker you prefer, just needs to be sturdy)
- Tomato Pesto
- Determine how many crackers will be needed to line the bottom of the TofuXpress. Double that amount for the top layer of the sandwich and that is how many crackers you will need.
- Coat crackers with a thick layer of Tomato Pesto.
- Line bottom of the TofuXpress with crackers, placing the uncoated side of cracker down.
- Line the crackers with half of the sliced Avocado.
- Place choppe...
Raw Portabella Salad
- 1 package of sliced Portabella mushrooms (approximately 1 u00bd cups)
- 1 sweet Vidalia Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Place Portabella mushroom slices into TofuXpress. Coat with half of the Teriyaki Sauce. Assemble the TofuXpress and press for 2 hours or overnight. Do not dispose of the juice that forms on top of the TofuXpress as this will become part of the salad dressing. When done pressing, pour juice into mixing bowl and remove mushrooms from the Tofuxpress and place in the same bowl. Coarsely chop mushrooms and stir to coat mushrooms in juice.
- Finely slice the onion and the pepper. Slice into quarters...
Pressed Corn Salad
Let this light salad be the signature dish of your summer. It’s full of fresh corn and scallions and tangy flavor the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 Cobs uncooked Corn
- 3 Scallion stalks
- 1 tablespoon Liquid Aminos
- Juice from 1/2 Lime, add any pulp
- Slice Corn off of cob with a knife.
- Slice Scallions thin.
- Add all ingredients into the TofuXpress and toss to coat.
- Press Corn mixture for 1 hour in refrigeration. Do not drain off juice! These are the nutrients that also make the marinade.
- When done, pour juice into bowl for serving. Add pressed corn and stir to coat.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 attachment (sold separately)
Tofu and Cabbage Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb block firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch strips lengthwise
- 1 medium head green or red cabbage, shredded or chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- Peanut Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce (light or regular)
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Press tofu and cut into strips, then sautu00e9 until light brown (about 4 minutes per side).
- Combine vegetables in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix dressing ingredients with 2 tbsp water (puree in blender for...
Wild Rice Salad
Wild Rice Salad with tofu in a Sesame Soy Vinaigrette
- 3 C. cooked Brown & Wild Rice Fusion (about 1/2 a 10oz. bag)
- 1 (14oz) block firm tofu, pressed for at least two hours and cut into 3/4u2033 cubes
- olive oil spray (I use a Misto sprayer)
- 1/2 C. Sesame Soy Vinaigrette
- 1 small English cucumber, cut into 3/4u2033 pieces
- 1 C. grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 C. cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly on the bias
- Put the cooked rice in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Heat a medium (10u2033) skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with olive oil, then add the tofu, tossing occasionally until nicely browned.
- Add the tofu to the bowl with the rice...
Asian Slaw with Tofu and Shiitake Mushrooms
Slaw with an Asian twist. Bold flavors and textures make this a great pressed tofu side dish.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups lightly packed shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded bok choy
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Press tofu for 30 minutes. While pressing whisk soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Drain water, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place cabbage and bo...
Umeboshi Plum-Nori Pressed Rice
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 or 3 sheets of toasted Nori
- Prepared Wasabi Paste
- 4-6 Umeboshi Plums (pit removed)
- Hot Chili Paste (found in stores)
- Peanut Satay Dipping Sauce (found in stores)
- Line base of TofuXpress with 1 Nori Sheet. Allow sides to curl up. (Don’t worry if the sheet cracks – Do your best to keep it together).Add approximately 1 cup of sushi rice into Tofuxpress. Place dots of Wasabi Paste onto rice. With a fork, mix lightly to spread paste. Add Plums, spreading the plums out onto rice so as to not have one large clump of plum in one spot. Add the balance of the rice. Place another sheet of Nori onto rice mixture.
- Assemble Tof...
Pressed Rice with Apricots and Raisins
- White rice
- Can of apricots (or fruit of your choice)
- Forbidden rice
- Pinch of Cardamon
- Pinch of Mirin
- Cook the rice. If your fruit is frozen fold in while the rice is hot.
- Put the rice with the fruit and raisins into the press and start the block.
- Cook the Forbidden Rice and allow to come to room temperature.
- Take the started block out of the fridge and put a layer of the Forbidden Rice on top.
- Reassemble the unit and put back in the fridge for a few hours.
- This is an extremely nutritious and stunningly beautiful recipe.
- You can do similar with rice and beans.
Adapted from Submitted by D. Hutchins
Blueberry-Museli Pressed Yogurt
- 2 cups Yogurt
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Mint
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the inside and to drape over the unit with food inside.
- Line TofuXpress with cheesecloth.
- Place two cups of Yogurt into Tofuxpress. Cover Yogurt entirely with sides of Cheesecloth. Press with the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment for approximately 4 hours. (Any longer and it will solidify into cheese).
- Place u00be cup into a bowl and add blueberries, and sprinkle with Museli. Garnish with fresh Mint Leaves.
- Serve for breakfast.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu P...