Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Grilled Teriyaki Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 C Granny’s teriyaki sauce
- Press out the water from the block of tofu with your TofuXpress then cut into 6 cutlets.
- Pour enough teriyaki sauce to cover the bottom of your dish and place tofu cutlets on top of the sauce. It’s best to use a dish that snugly fits the tofu pieces so the sauce is confined to just that area. Pour more sauce over the tofu pieces, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour then turn the tofu over.
- Simmer the remaining sauce on low heat for about 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy. Watch closely so it does not burn. Set aside until ready to use.
- Grill the marinate...
Lemongrass Tofu Banh Mi
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 10 slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (about 3 bulbs)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baguettes
- do chua pickles
- sliced cucumbers, Japanese or English hothouse or other types with fewer seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, lemongrass and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a shallow dish place tofu slices in a single layer. Pour sauce over tofu, turning pieces to coat well...
Golden Stuffed Tofu
Golden Tofu Pockets filled with Spinach, Onions and Mushrooms.
- 1 Large Brick of Tofu (Nasoya Brand Extra Firm)
- 1 C Panko Flakes
- Oil (for frying)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 C Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 16 oz Package Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
- 1/4 C Chopped Mushrooms
- 3 T Parsley
- 1 t Cumin
- Remaining Panko Crumbs from Pockets
- Press tofu in your TofuXpress for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Press thawed spinach in your TofuXpress (with the light tension spring) for 1/2 hour
- Preheat a pan of oil (at least one inch thick) for frying
- Cut the tofu into squares or triangles, about one inch thick...
Tangy Summer Stew
- 1 Brick Tofu, Nasoya brand, Extra Firm
- 2 cups chopped Celery, 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- u00bc cup coarsely chopped fresh Parsley
- u00bc teaspoon ground Oregano
- 10 Kalamato Olives, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Sumac
- u00bd teaspoon ground Cumin
- u00bc teaspoon Sea Salt
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Using TofuXpress Xpress Cutter, cut Tofu into 24 even squares.
- Set aside.
- In a deep, large saucepan, heat to a soft boil, Broth, Tomato, Onion, Celery, Parsley, Olives, and Oregano...
Korean-Style Fried Tofu with Green Onion Sauce
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (12 oz.)
- canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder flakes u2013 optional (I bought Whole Spice Korean chili flakes in Napa Valley and itu2019s quite mild though it gives the sauce a splash of color).
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want the sauce to be).
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (or more if you prefer).
- 1 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (I use an electric Zojirushi sesame grinder though for a few dollars you can purchase an inexpensive hand grinder at...
Baked Mock Chicken Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz) extra firm tofu such as Wildwood
- olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, lite or regular
- 1 teaspoon Spike seasoning
- 1/4 cup u2013 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a toaster oven thereu2019s no need to preheat.
- If you have a TofuXpress press the tofu for 30 -45 minutes. Drain water, cut tofu into four slabs and break each slab into 4 random sized pieces (total 16).
- No press? Slice the tofu into four slabs and place in a single layer on paper towels. Layer additional paper towels on top of the tofu slabs...
Honey Mustard Kale Salad with Spicy Tofu
- 1 brick Extra Firm Tofu, Nasoya brand
- 4 cups thinly sliced Kale, washed and dried
- 2 Granny Apples, sliced into matchbook strips
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (one tablespoon will be used to pan fry Tofu)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard (try Kozlik’s at Sur La Table)
- 2 tablespoons Honey (try Star Thistle Honey at Sur La Table)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons 5 Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Coriander
- u00bd teaspoon ground White Pepper
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 2-3 hours, or overnight...
OH – So – Easy – Blueberry Yogurt Spread
This is a satisfying simple plate to serve as a different twist for breakfast or as an appetizer.
- Here we used Dannon All natural Blueberry, 3.6 oz single servings. You can certainly use your favorite Soy Yogurt or Plain Yogurt and add fruit.
- Line the TofuXpress Unit with TofuXpress Cheesecloth. Using the Light Tension Spring attachment (sold separately), press overnight. Pour off the whey or retain the whey for another recipe. Served here with Gluten-Free Melba Toasts.
- This is a satisfying simple plate to serve as a different twist for breakfast or as an appetizer.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress...
Healthy Broccoli Slaw
This Broccoli Slaw is a great alternative to traditional coleslaw.
- 1 8-10 oz. package pre-shredded package of brocolli slaw.
- 1/2 cup Hemp Oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Place as much of the slaw as you can into the TofuXpress.
- This recipe uses the Spring Attachment (sold separately). Mix together the oil garlic, sesame seeds, and vinegar. Drizzle a few tablespoons right on to the slaw and stir to coat. Press for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, drain off the liquid, which is mostly water. The
- marinate will stick to the slaw. It tastes great!
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Tahini Vegan Cheese Spread
- 1 14 oz brick tofu, firm
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp barley malt (or honey)
- 2 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- agave or honey (optional)
- cheese cloth
- Press Tofu with original spring in your TofuXpress for at least one hour.
- Take a metal colander with small holes and place inside a large mixing bowl. Place tofu into colander. With a large mixing spoon, smash the tofu through the colander.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well blended. Add to the tofu and mix well.
- Line TofuXpress with Cheese Cloth, leaving plenty of room around the side to fold on top of TofuXpress once spread is placed inside.
- Spoon mixture int...