Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits, packed in juice
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- Drain and set aside pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth...
Grilled Veggie and Tofu Stack with Balsamic and Mint
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 12-ounce container extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 slices, pressed with Tofu Xpress
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 1 red bell pepper, rounded ends trimmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 4 3-inch-diameter portobello or shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small head of radicchio, quartered through root end
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)...
Grilled Lemon Rosemary Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz.) water-packed super firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 3 wide slices (or 6 short slices)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about u00bc cup)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- A few shakes (or grinds) black pepper, to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow pie dish or small baking dish. Soak the tofu slices in marinade for 1 hour, flipping once halfway through...
Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- 1/2 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu (not silken), pressed using TofuXpress
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.
Garden Tofu Scramble
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (I use White Wave Reduced Fat Tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- Using your hands, crumble tofu into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sautu00e9 green onions 3 minutes until slightly softened, then mix in tofu and sautu00e9 for 2 minutes more. Add soy sauce, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes more...
Marinated Baked Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 TBSP soy sauce u20282 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TSPB fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar or brown sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Drain tofu using TofuXpress and cut. Depending on your use, you can cut the tofu into strips, cubes, or flat squares (which is what I did here).
- Mix all other ingredients except olive oil and pour over tofu into the TofuXpress. Secure marinating lid.
- Refrigerate overnight (can marinade for longer if needed).
- Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes...
Thai Coconut-Crusted Tofu Hearts
- 1 lb extra firm tofu, pressed
- 3 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter (organic preferred)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (or 1/4 cup regular + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- reserved marinade
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter (organic preferred)
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk (or 1/4 cup regular + 1/4 cup water)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Coconut breading
- heaping 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional, omit to keep this dish mild)
- steamed veggies and rice
Curried Tofu and Onions
- 1 package extra firm tofu (preferably Nasoya brand)
- Canola spray oil
- 1 can coconut milk 12 oz
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or cashews
- 1-2 tbsp curry, to taste
- Fresh cilantro (4 tbsp chopped)
- Cayenne pepper
- Press tofu in TofuXpress for at least 3 hours.
- Remove tofu and cut brick into 1 inch cubes.
- Spray a large fry pan with canola oil and heat to medium.
- Place onions into pan and brown, careful to not burn.
- Add curry and coat onions. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add can of coconut milk and heat for 1 minute.
- Add tofu, tomatoes, nuts, and cilantro.
- Bring to a soft boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer
- for 10 minutes or more.
Italian Tofu Bake
- 1 brick firm or extra firm Tofu
- 16 ounces Tomato Sauce, with tomato chucks (optional u2013 Add tomato paste to thicken)
- 2 cups Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 medium sweet Onion, sautu00e9ed (optional)
- 2 cloves Garlic, sautu00e9ed (optional)
- Press tofu for 1 hour, using the TofuXpress.
- Cube Tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Toss cubed Tofu into a non-stick casserole dish or baking pan (preferably deep enough to later add sauce and cheese).
- Sprinkle tofu with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on edges. Flip cubes after 20 minutes to evenly brown.
- Heat Sauce in sauce pan. (Add Onion and Garlic into Sauce).
- Pour Sauce over ba...
- 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed for best results
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 8-oz package of crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 4-5 cups loosely packed spinach
- 1 tomato, medium sized, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash or other favorite seasoning mix (if with salt, omit salt below)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Easy peasy!
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook vegetables in olive oil with all seasonings until dry. You might want to taste test for spice levels. Should be a bit strong since you will be adding it to un-spiced tofu in a bit.
- In the same pan you cooked the vegetables, add a bit more oil if needed and...