Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Grilled Tofu with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion, minced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, pressed
- Olive oil
- To prepare the chimichurri sauce, place the parsley, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, chili, shallot or onion, 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar and lemon juice ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed...
Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil, (optional)
- Press tofu and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine with 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat...
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 14-ounce package firm or extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce, preferably low-sodium
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Combine breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Press tofu for 30 minutes and cut tofu lengthwise into 4 steaks...
Southwestern Tofu Scramble
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 14-ounce package firm water-packed tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed (can also used canned or corn of cob depending on season)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the tofu begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan...
Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits, packed in juice
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- Drain and set aside pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth...
Grilled Veggie and Tofu Stack with Balsamic and Mint
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 12-ounce container extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 slices, pressed with Tofu Xpress
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 1 red bell pepper, rounded ends trimmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 4 3-inch-diameter portobello or shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small head of radicchio, quartered through root end
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)...
Grilled Lemon Rosemary Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz.) water-packed super firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 3 wide slices (or 6 short slices)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about u00bc cup)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- A few shakes (or grinds) black pepper, to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow pie dish or small baking dish. Soak the tofu slices in marinade for 1 hour, flipping once halfway through...
Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- 1/2 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu (not silken), pressed using TofuXpress
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.
Garden Tofu Scramble
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (I use White Wave Reduced Fat Tofu drained and pressed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cups packed spinach leaves
- Using your hands, crumble tofu into a bowl and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sautu00e9 green onions 3 minutes until slightly softened, then mix in tofu and sautu00e9 for 2 minutes more. Add soy sauce, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes more...
Marinated Baked Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 3 TBSP soy sauce u20282 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 TSPB fresh grated ginger
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 TBSP rice vinegar
- 2 tsp agave nectar or brown sugar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Drain tofu using TofuXpress and cut. Depending on your use, you can cut the tofu into strips, cubes, or flat squares (which is what I did here).
- Mix all other ingredients except olive oil and pour over tofu into the TofuXpress. Secure marinating lid.
- Refrigerate overnight (can marinade for longer if needed).
- Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil.
- Arrange tofu in single layer on sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes...