Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your tofu press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse through new ways to use your TofuXpress or share recipes you have created using pressed tofu.
The TofuXpress was created to make tofu more enjoyable and to help others incorporate more “Green Protein” into their diet. Pressing tofu allows for better flavor through more effective marination and it also changes its texture! We hope you see this tofu press as an opportunity to introduce tofu to your friends and family in new ways.
There are more reasons to “Eat Green Protein”. For example, we ran across an interesting statistic: “Growing soybeans doesn’t require nearly the amount of water that’s needed to raise animals.
A household that replaces one pound of beef with one pound of soy per month would conserve twenty thousand gallons of water per year. If just 20 percent of households in the Unites States and Canada substituted four ounces of beef for four ounces of soy per week the annual water savings would be enough to provide ten gallons of drinking water to ever person in the world.” The Green Book p. 71.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence you to make small modifications for yourself, your loved ones, and the planet.
Want to do more? Help us to help others by sharing your favorite pressed tofu recipes with us today. Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to email@example.com. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe and please indicate if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Almond-Cherry Rice Press
- u00bc cup sliced Almonds
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, pitted, and halved
- 2 cups cooked White rice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Almond flavor (Frontier brand, or Almond extract)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add Mirin, Almond flavor, and water into a small bowl. Stir to blend.
- Follow directions to cook rice. Do not cook rice till completely dry. Allow some moisture to remain so that the rice is still a bit sticky.
- Add almond slices and stir to allow the almonds to soften a bit (a few minutes).
- Add cherries and mirin mixture to pot and stir to distribute evenly. (You can add more flavoring to your taste.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line TofuXpress with ...
Tofu Triangles with Creamy Nut Butter Sauce with Scallions
- 1 carton firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil, for frying
- 2 scallions including the greens, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame paste, peanut butter, or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or chili oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water or stock
- Pinch salt
- Press tofu then slice crosswise into scant 1/ 2-inch slabs, then cut each slab into 2 triangles.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick...
Grilled Tofu with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion, minced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, pressed
- Olive oil
- To prepare the chimichurri sauce, place the parsley, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, chili, shallot or onion, 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar and lemon juice ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed...
Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil, (optional)
- Press tofu and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine with 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat...
- 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 14-ounce package firm or extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup prepared marinara sauce, preferably low-sodium
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Combine breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning in a shallow dish. Press tofu for 30 minutes and cut tofu lengthwise into 4 steaks...
Southwestern Tofu Scramble
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 14-ounce package firm water-packed tofu, pressed and crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed (can also used canned or corn of cob depending on season)
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tofu, chili powder, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until the tofu begins to brown, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to the pan...
Sweet and Sour Tofu
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits, packed in juice
- 3 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- Drain and set aside pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth...
Grilled Veggie and Tofu Stack with Balsamic and Mint
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 12-ounce container extra-firm tofu, cut crosswise into 8 slices, pressed with Tofu Xpress
- 1 zucchini, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 1 red bell pepper, rounded ends trimmed, seeded, cut lengthwise into 4 pieces
- 1 Japanese eggplant, trimmed, cut lengthwise into four 4-inch-long slices
- 4 3-inch-diameter portobello or shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 small head of radicchio, quartered through root end
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat)...
Grilled Lemon Rosemary Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz.) water-packed super firm tofu, pressed and sliced into 3 wide slices (or 6 short slices)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (about u00bc cup)
- 1 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or grated with a Microplane
- A few shakes (or grinds) black pepper, to taste
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a shallow pie dish or small baking dish. Soak the tofu slices in marinade for 1 hour, flipping once halfway through...
Tofu Spinach Lasagna
- 1/2 to 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 2 packages (10 ounces) frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) firm tofu (not silken), pressed using TofuXpress
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup nondairy milk (such as rice, oat, soy, almond, or hazelnut), or as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 peeled garlic cloves
- Juice from 1/2 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil (about 20 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4 to 6 cups tomato or pasta sauce of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or use “no-boil” lasagna noodles. Drain and set aside.