Easy Tofu Recipes
Tofu is a blank canvas for flavor! You can grill it, bake it, or saute it for a healthy meal.
Search through our collection of quick and easy tofu recipes to find your next meal. Our web site is full of baked tofu recipes, grilled tofu recipes , tofu cheese recipes, tofu appetizers and more!
Have a recipe you want to share? Send it to Recipes@TofuXpress.com!
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Basil Tofu Squares
What do you get when you combine Pressed Tofu, Oregano, Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil ? A flavorful vegan side dish!
- 1 brick Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- Basil Leaves (large) (12-24 leaves)
- Ground Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut brick into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Using small dishes, layer 1 or two Basil leaves at the base of the dish. Place one Tofu square on top. Sprinkle a dusting of ground Oregano on each Tofu cube.
- With a small spoon, or a measuring teaspoon, drizzle about 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar onto each Tofu square. Follow with Olive Oil...
Tofu Tomato Salad
Protein packed healthy salad with Pressed Tofu, Tomatoes, and more!
- 2 Bricks Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- 1 cup loose Basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- 10-12 Campari Tomatoes (larger than Cherry Tomatoes, but smaller than regular sized Tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice blend (Found in spice aisle)
- Sea Salt
- Press each Tofu brick in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut bricks into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter). This will yield 24 squares.
- Slice each tomato in half, length-wise.
- Wisk the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Tofu, Tomatoes, and Basil...
Cool Cucumber Yogurt Salad Dressing / Spread
- 1 cup finely chopped English Cucumber (long thin ones usually wrapped in stores)
- 2 cups plain Whole Yogurt
- 1 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 light dash White Pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Mint, chopped (and crushed in mortar and pestle if you have one!)
- Note: This recipe is very versatile. It can be a dip, a salad dressing, cracker spread, or a yogurt-based meal, depending upon how long you keep it pressing in the TofuXpress.
- Press Cucumber in TofuXpress using the original spring for 1 hour. Drain off juice or save juice for another use.
- Combine Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mint, and Pepper. Stir to blend...
Tofu and Kale Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 Brick Tofu, 365 Brand (Whole Foods)
- 2 Cups finely sliced Kale
- 2/3 Cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Champagne Vinegar
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Canadian Mustard, Triple Crunch, sold at Sur La Table (1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard can be substituted)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Tofu Marinade)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Blackstrap Molasses (for Dressing)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground Cinnamon (for Walnuts)
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground Cinnamon (for Tofu Marinade)
- Sea Salt
- Press brick of Tofu in TofuXpress unit for 1-2 hours...
Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad
Stop eating traditional salads! This Crunchy Tofu and Bean Salad has more protein, more flavor, and more health benefits!
- 1 Brick Tofu, House Foods Extra Firm
- 1 15 oz can Salad Beans, drained
- 2 cups Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks Celery, chopped u00bd inch thick
- 2 Green Onions, sliced u00bd inch thick
- u00bc cup Red Onion, coarsely chopped
- u00bd cup Honey Roasted Peanuts
- 3 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbps. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp. Date Sugar (Ground Dates found at Whole Foods)
- 2 tbsp. Water
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for three hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
- In a large bowl, combine Cabbages, Celery, Onions, Tofu,...
- 1 cup fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 cup fresh Blackberries
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 2 tablespoons Water
- fresh Mint leaves
- Add berries into TofuXpress and press for at least 2 hours in refrigeration. Reserve all berry juice – do not discard!
- When there is some berry juice ready, pour off berry juice into a small saucepan. Add Agave. Heat till almost a boil. Add Arrowroot powder to thicken. Add water to adjust as needed, to create a slightly thick sauce.
- Turn off heat.
- Add berries only to coat with sauce.
- Place back into TofuXpress and press in refrigeration at least 2 hours in order to allow the mixture to gel together.
Almond-Cherry Rice Press
- u00bc cup sliced Almonds
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, pitted, and halved
- 2 cups cooked White rice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Almond flavor (Frontier brand, or Almond extract)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add Mirin, Almond flavor, and water into a small bowl. Stir to blend.
- Follow directions to cook rice. Do not cook rice till completely dry. Allow some moisture to remain so that the rice is still a bit sticky.
- Add almond slices and stir to allow the almonds to soften a bit (a few minutes).
- Add cherries and mirin mixture to pot and stir to distribute evenly. (You can add more flavoring to your taste.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line TofuXpress with ...
Tofu Triangles with Creamy Nut Butter Sauce with Scallions
- 1 carton firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tablespoons peanut or sesame oil, for frying
- 2 scallions including the greens, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup regular soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1/4 cup sesame paste, peanut butter, or cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white or light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or chili oil
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water or stock
- Pinch salt
- Press tofu then slice crosswise into scant 1/ 2-inch slabs, then cut each slab into 2 triangles.
- Heat a large cast-iron or nonstick...
Grilled Tofu with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 cups lightly packed chopped parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp shallot or onion, minced
- 1/4 cup of vegetable or olive oil
- 3 tbsp sherry wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, pressed
- Olive oil
- To prepare the chimichurri sauce, place the parsley, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, chili, shallot or onion, 1/4 cup olive oil, sherry vinegar and lemon juice ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed...
Kung Pao Tofu
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oyster-flavored or oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 12 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons hot sesame oil, (optional)
- Press tofu and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Combine with 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder in a medium bowl.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat...