Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to email@example.com. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Asian Slaw with Tofu and Shiitake Mushrooms
Slaw with an Asian twist. Bold flavors and textures make this a great pressed tofu side dish.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu, pressed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups lightly packed shredded napa cabbage
- 2 cups lightly packed shredded bok choy
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Press tofu for 30 minutes. While pressing whisk soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi powder and garlic in a medium bowl. Drain water, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place cabbage and bo...
Umeboshi Plum-Nori Pressed Rice
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 2 or 3 sheets of toasted Nori
- Prepared Wasabi Paste
- 4-6 Umeboshi Plums (pit removed)
- Hot Chili Paste (found in stores)
- Peanut Satay Dipping Sauce (found in stores)
- Line base of TofuXpress with 1 Nori Sheet. Allow sides to curl up. (Don’t worry if the sheet cracks – Do your best to keep it together).Add approximately 1 cup of sushi rice into Tofuxpress. Place dots of Wasabi Paste onto rice. With a fork, mix lightly to spread paste. Add Plums, spreading the plums out onto rice so as to not have one large clump of plum in one spot. Add the balance of the rice. Place another sheet of Nori onto rice mixture.
- Assemble Tof...
Pressed Rice with Apricots and Raisins
- White rice
- Can of apricots (or fruit of your choice)
- Forbidden rice
- Pinch of Cardamon
- Pinch of Mirin
- Cook the rice. If your fruit is frozen fold in while the rice is hot.
- Put the rice with the fruit and raisins into the press and start the block.
- Cook the Forbidden Rice and allow to come to room temperature.
- Take the started block out of the fridge and put a layer of the Forbidden Rice on top.
- Reassemble the unit and put back in the fridge for a few hours.
- This is an extremely nutritious and stunningly beautiful recipe.
- You can do similar with rice and beans.
Adapted from Submitted by D. Hutchins
Blueberry-Museli Pressed Yogurt
- 2 cups Yogurt
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Mint
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the inside and to drape over the unit with food inside.
- Line TofuXpress with cheesecloth.
- Place two cups of Yogurt into Tofuxpress. Cover Yogurt entirely with sides of Cheesecloth. Press with the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment for approximately 4 hours. (Any longer and it will solidify into cheese).
- Place u00be cup into a bowl and add blueberries, and sprinkle with Museli. Garnish with fresh Mint Leaves.
- Serve for breakfast.
- This recipe uses the Light Tension Spring #2 Attachment
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu P...
Minted Tzatziki Cucumber Spread
- 2 cups Yogurt
- u00bd cup Cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, finely chopped or shredded with a grater.
- 1-2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- Sea Salt
- 6 Mint leaves chopped or 1 tsp dried mint
- a sprig of Fresh Dill
- *Though not necessary, having more than one TofuXPress will make this go faster.
- Place cucumber into TofuXpress. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and stir to blend. Assemble TofuXpress and press overnight to remove excess water from cucumber. Pour off water and set aside for use. (This can be made a day ahead and stored in refrigerator).
- Cut Cheesecloth with enough extra to line the...
Tofu Nicoise Salad
- 4 large Romaine leaves, torn into small bite-size pieces
- 1 stalk Celery, thinly sliced
- 1 brick Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is great)
- 12 Nicoise Olives, halved
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 4 tablespoons Coarse Ground Mustard with whole mustard seeds (Grey Poupon is great)
- 3 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 4-6 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 3 hours or overnight if more convenient. Remove and slice diagonally, into thin strips.
- Using a fork, rake the tofu gently while in stacks of thin strips. This will create a u201ctuna-fishu201d flakey texture.
- In a medium bowl, add ...
- 1 brick Firm or Extra Firm Tofu (Nasoya brand is best!)
- 1 Tomato, chopped
- 1 Avocado, chopped
- u00bc cup Red Sweet Spanish Onion
- 2 tablespoons dried Cilantro or u00bc cup chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried Garlic Powder
- u00bd Orange Bell Pepper, chopped (or can use a Red Bell Pepper)
- 1 Habanero Pepper, finely chopped
- u00bd fresh Lime
- 6 large Romaine Leaves, thinly sliced
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Kale Leaves u2013 Blanched for 3-4 minutes (need to still be firm not completely cooked and soft. How to: Boil water in a deep pot or a wide shallow pan. Drop in Kale leaves and boil for 3-4 minutes, til bright green but not too soft as they will be used for wraps...
Tomato Lover’s Tofu
- 1 Brick Tofu (Nasoya’s Extra Firm is best!)
- 1 4 oz tube Tomato Paste (double-concentrated if you can find…)
- Sundried Tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh Basil Leaves
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt
- Kalamata Olives
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress overnight.
- Slice brick into thinly sliced pieces to serve. You will need to use a thin long knife to slice it both lengthwise and widthwise. It is easy to eat if you end up with slices that are about two inches in length. The thinner the thickness of the slices the more they will resemble Tomato Pie pieces or crackers.
- Spread a thin layer of Tomato Paste onto each piece of tofu...
Basil Tofu Squares
What do you get when you combine Pressed Tofu, Oregano, Basil, Balsamic Vinegar, & Olive Oil ? A flavorful vegan side dish!
- 1 brick Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- Basil Leaves (large) (12-24 leaves)
- Ground Oregano
- Sea Salt
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut brick into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter).
- Using small dishes, layer 1 or two Basil leaves at the base of the dish. Place one Tofu square on top. Sprinkle a dusting of ground Oregano on each Tofu cube.
- With a small spoon, or a measuring teaspoon, drizzle about 1 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar onto each Tofu square. Follow with Olive Oil...
Tofu Tomato Salad
Protein packed healthy salad with Pressed Tofu, Tomatoes, and more!
- 2 Bricks Tofu, Firm or Extra Firm (Nasoya)
- 1 cup loose Basil leaves, coarsely chopped.
- 10-12 Campari Tomatoes (larger than Cherry Tomatoes, but smaller than regular sized Tomatoes)
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning spice blend (Found in spice aisle)
- Sea Salt
- Press each Tofu brick in TofuXpress for 1 hour.
- Cut bricks into 12 squares. (We used the TofuXpress Tofu Cutter). This will yield 24 squares.
- Slice each tomato in half, length-wise.
- Wisk the Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine Tofu, Tomatoes, and Basil...