Greetings TofuXpress Family,
We hope you are enjoying your TofuXPress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press! This section of our website is here for you. You can browse for easy tofu recipes and pressed tofu recipes and vegan cheese recipes.
These delicious and easy tofu recipes can be sorted by menu type and by ingredients using the search window to the right. Step-by-step directions will help you see how easy it is to grill tofu, bake tofu, and marinate tofu.
There are also recipes that work with other vegetables and ingredients using the TofuXpress.
We believe that if people make just small changes to their diet big things can happen. Not only can you help yourself be healthier, you can also help the environment. We hope that these tofu recipes, along with the TofuXpress, can influence others to take a step towards health.
Submit your recipes and photos of your creations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include a sentence or two on the story behind the development of your recipe. Let us know if you would like to have your first name and city mentioned as well.
All | Appetizers | Cheese | Desserts | Entrees | Side Dishes
Pressed tofu infused with the flavors of Thailand
- 2 Packages of FirmTofu
- 1 13 oz Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 8 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 C Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 C Chopped Sweet Red Pepper
- 1/4 C Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 C Chopped Cilantro
- 1 t Grated Ginger
- 1 T Chopped Lemon Grass
- 2 T Hot Peppers
- 1 T Chopped Kafir Lime Leaves (bruised)
- Drain and press tofu in your TofuXpress for 4 hours.
- Over medium heat combine coconut milk, tomato sauce, tomatoes and red pepper.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once it begins to thicken add the remaining ingredients to the pan and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, then serve over rice of noodles.
Simple Grilled Tofu
An easy grilled tofu recipe. Can be made with thawed frozen tofu, or fresh tofu.
- 1 Block Firm Tofu, Drained
- Place fresh Tofu in a freezer bag.
- Freeze tofu brick in the bag overnight. (Remember, it will turn yellowish from the freezing process)
- Thaw completely. Place freezer bag in a bowl of hot water to speed up the process
- Press in TofuXPress unit for approximately 30 minutes.
- Slice into desired shapes.
- Baste with Barbecue Sauce or favorite marinade.
- Grill for 15- 20 min, flipping once browned and crispy on the outside.
- You can keep bricks of tofu in the freezer and thaw and press as desired...
Curried Tofu Pasta Salad
This vegan friendly pasta salad is a nice way to introduce non tofu eaters to tofu, due to its low tofu content and great flavor.
- 3 C Cooked & cooled whole wheat pasta
- 1/2 Package tofu (pressed overnight and cut into 1/2 inch cubes) or Baked Tofu
- 1/2 C Frozen spinach (thawed, pressed, and chopped)
- 1/2 C+ Mayo
- 2 Stalks celery (chopped)
- 1/2 C Scallions (chopped)
- 1/3 C Canned peas
- 1 T Curry paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine the mayo and the curry paste, mix well.
- Stir in tofu, spinach, celery, scallions, peas, and pasta. Serve cold.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Easy Baked Tofu
Use this easy baked tofu in your stir-fry, salad, or any savory dish where firm tofu is called for.
- 1 Package Tofu
- 1/2 C Soy Sauce
- Use your TofuXpress to press tofu for 1 hour.
- Cut the pressed tofu into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Return cubed tofu to the TofuXpress and cover with soy sauce. Let the tofu sit in the marinade while your oven preheats to 375 degrees.
- Spread the tofu on a baking sheet (use a silicon mat to avoid using oil)
- Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, turning halfway through.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
Grilled Teriyaki Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 1 C Granny’s teriyaki sauce
- Press out the water from the block of tofu with your TofuXpress then cut into 6 cutlets.
- Pour enough teriyaki sauce to cover the bottom of your dish and place tofu cutlets on top of the sauce. It’s best to use a dish that snugly fits the tofu pieces so the sauce is confined to just that area. Pour more sauce over the tofu pieces, cover with plastic and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour then turn the tofu over.
- Simmer the remaining sauce on low heat for about 15 minutes or until it thickens slightly and becomes syrupy. Watch closely so it does not burn. Set aside until ready to use.
- Grill the marinate...
Lemongrass Tofu Banh Mi
- 14 ounce package extra firm tofu, pressed and cut into 10 slices
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass (about 3 bulbs)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 baguettes
- do chua pickles
- sliced cucumbers, Japanese or English hothouse or other types with fewer seeds
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, lemongrass and garlic in a small bowl.
- In a shallow dish place tofu slices in a single layer. Pour sauce over tofu, turning pieces to coat well...
Golden Stuffed Tofu
Golden Tofu Pockets filled with Spinach, Onions and Mushrooms.
- 1 Large Brick of Tofu (Nasoya Brand Extra Firm)
- 1 C Panko Flakes
- Oil (for frying)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 1 C Chopped Sweet Onion
- 1 16 oz Package Frozen Spinach (defrosted)
- 1/4 C Chopped Mushrooms
- 3 T Parsley
- 1 t Cumin
- Remaining Panko Crumbs from Pockets
- Press tofu in your TofuXpress for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Press thawed spinach in your TofuXpress (with the light tension spring) for 1/2 hour
- Preheat a pan of oil (at least one inch thick) for frying
- Cut the tofu into squares or triangles, about one inch thick...
Tangy Summer Stew
- 1 Brick Tofu, Nasoya brand, Extra Firm
- 2 cups chopped Celery, 1 inch pieces
- 5 medium Tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- u00bc cup coarsely chopped fresh Parsley
- u00bc teaspoon ground Oregano
- 10 Kalamato Olives, pitted, and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Sumac
- u00bd teaspoon ground Cumin
- u00bc teaspoon Sea Salt
- Press Tofu in TofuXpress for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Using TofuXpress Xpress Cutter, cut Tofu into 24 even squares.
- Set aside.
- In a deep, large saucepan, heat to a soft boil, Broth, Tomato, Onion, Celery, Parsley, Olives, and Oregano...
Korean-Style Fried Tofu with Green Onion Sauce
- 1 block firm or extra firm tofu (12 oz.)
- canola oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder flakes u2013 optional (I bought Whole Spice Korean chili flakes in Napa Valley and itu2019s quite mild though it gives the sauce a splash of color).
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili flakes (more or less depending on how spicy you want the sauce to be).
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (or more if you prefer).
- 1 teaspoon ground sesame seeds (I use an electric Zojirushi sesame grinder though for a few dollars you can purchase an inexpensive hand grinder at...
Baked Mock Chicken Tofu
- 1 package (14 oz) extra firm tofu such as Wildwood
- olive or canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce, lite or regular
- 1 teaspoon Spike seasoning
- 1/4 cup u2013 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If using a toaster oven thereu2019s no need to preheat.
- If you have a TofuXpress press the tofu for 30 -45 minutes. Drain water, cut tofu into four slabs and break each slab into 4 random sized pieces (total 16).
- No press? Slice the tofu into four slabs and place in a single layer on paper towels. Layer additional paper towels on top of the tofu slabs...