Broiled Tofu and Nappa Cabbage with Mustard Glaze
- 1 brick firm Tofu
- 1 medium head Nappa Cabbage sliced lengthwise in quarters
- with core intact
- 4 tablespoons Hot Mustard
- 1 tablespoon basil-infused Olive Oil or regular Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 1 large bunch Scallions, washed, trimmed, and sliced lengthwise.
- 1 tablespoon Water
- Bunch of fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Mustard Glaze: Mix together Hot Mustard, basil-infused Olive Oil, Agave, Garlic, and Water. Set aside.
- Press tofu in TofuXpress for 2 hours (could be pressed overnight). Slice horizontally into ½ inch strips. Return strips to TofuXpress, pour Mustard Glaze over Tofu, cover with Marinating Lid, and allow to marinate.
- Coarsely chop Basil and set aside.
- Place Cabbage onto baking sheet, cut sides up. Drizzle with Canola Oil and sprinkle with Salt. Broil Cabbage till brown and beginning to soften – approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Basil over Cabbage and layer slices of Marinated Tofu on top of the cabbage. Pour remaining Mustard Glaze over Cabbage. Return to oven and continue to broil till Tofu begins to brown (approximately 10 minutes). Turn Tofu to brown opposite side (approximately 10 minutes). Serve.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/