Almond-Cherry Rice Press2013-04-16 16:57:20Write a reviewIngredients
- ¼ cup sliced Almonds
- 1 cup fresh Rainier cherries, pitted, and halved
- 2 cups cooked White rice
- 2 tablespoons Mirin
- 2 teaspoons Almond flavor (Frontier brand, or Almond extract)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Add Mirin, Almond flavor, and water into a small bowl. Stir to blend.
- Follow directions to cook rice. Do not cook rice till completely dry. Allow some moisture to remain so that the rice is still a bit sticky.
- Add almond slices and stir to allow the almonds to soften a bit (a few minutes).
- Add cherries and mirin mixture to pot and stir to distribute evenly. (You can add more flavoring to your taste.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line TofuXpress with cheesecloth. Scoop mixture into TofuXpress and cover completely with cheesecloth.
- Press mixture in refrigeration overnight.
- When ready, remove and slice while still cool. Sprinkle with a few almonds, and salt to taste.
TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/
- Shown here served with Romaine Salad with lemon dressing.