Allie’s Italian Tofu Scramble2013-04-16 14:37:19Serves 4Write a reviewPrep Time30 minCook Time30 minPrep Time30 minCook Time30 minIngredients
- 15 oz Extra-Firm Tofu, pressed with TofuXpress for 30 minutes or more, drained, crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Amino’s
- 1 TBS MatoZest or other tomato based no-salt seasoning
- 1 TBS fresh thyme (reserve 1 tsp for step 8)
- 1/2 TBS fresh rosemary (reserve 1/2 tsp for step 8)
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 oz mushrooms, diced
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, diced, soaked in 1/2 cup of water for 30 minutes (reserve water for step 2)
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 TBS Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
Adapted from Submitted by Allie (Springfield, IL)Adapted from Submitted by Allie (Springfield, IL)TofuXpress Gourmet Food and Tofu Press http://tofuxpress.com/NEW/
- Press water out of tofu using TofuXpress for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine crumbled tofu, nutritional yeast, Bragg’s, MatoZest, thyme, rosemary, black pepper, 2 diced tomatoes, and the reserved 1/2 cup of water from sun-dried tomatoes in a large bowl and set aside to marinate.
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat and water saute onion and mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, 2 diced tomatoes, and minced garlic to sauce pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add marinated tofu and mustard and cook until heated through.
- Add turmeric and the reserved thyme and rosemary and stir until combined.